Let's Get Social

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Let's Get Social

Game 4 a Date, a dating site supposedly aimed at lovers of all things videogame, should know that "What's your Gamerscore?" is a far more important question than "What's your sign?"

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
malygris said:
We've been doing this for years -... falling in love, getting it on, getting married, making little mini-Master Chiefs - all without the benefit of Game 4-A-Date. It's who we are. It's what we do
malygris said:
The days since I've known the loving touch of a woman have grown long and cold.

Apparently not all of us :-D

edit to avoid inference of Royal perogative

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
What's a gamerscore?

In all seriousness I don't know... is that a bad thing?
its a score on xbox live, you get "points" for the score through achievements, there are challenges or goals set in a game, when completed they give the player a certain amount of points, raising there score. there kinda useless

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Oh that's what achievements mean... I get it now. I always thought they were more arbitrary than that.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
haha sites like that try to scam all the time. I have a lot of punk rock references on my myspace page, and go figure, every day i see adds for a "punk rock dating site!". of course, it shows the link as singlesnet.com below that, so yeah, figure that one out. it's amazing what they'll try to do to sucker you into spending money.

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
I don't think you've been had, Malygris. I think you simply misunderstood that site, seeing something that's just isn't there. I know it's kinda hard not think about video games when they slam a huge "GAME" sign in your face right on the front page, but it sometimes happens this way. I think you are not the first and not the last person fooled by this sinister play of words, but I don't think they are intentionally trying to scam anyone.

I skimmed through the site, and no, I didn't see anything even remotely video game related either. When someone does create a dating site for basement gamers, I think they will surely promote that on the front page with bold letters, and not just put up some generic marketing blah like on that game4adate thing.

Graham

Dec 5, 2008
Cousin_IT said:
malygris said:
We've been doing this for years -... falling in love, getting it on, getting married, making little mini-Master Chiefs - all without the benefit of Game 4-A-Date. It's who we are. It's what we do
malygris said:
The days since I've known the loving touch of a woman have grown long and cold.
Apparently not :-D
He was using the royal we.

Theissen

Jan 8, 2008
Viva la revolution!

... Oh wait. I'm sorry, but it sort of sounds like a speech aiming at gathering gamers to overthrow society as we know it.

It's a good article, though! I did feel, uhm, 'inspired' by it. I very much like what you write, Andy. It's good quality stuff.

Jetbaby

Jan 28, 2009
FWIW, there is a dating site that caters to the geek contingency, including gamers. The profile has customizable fields for your profile like video games, comic books, anime, manga, sci-fi, etc. It's not gamer-specific, but it seems to be more tailor made to the geek/gamer crowd than the site you visited.

URL: www.soulgeek.com