Daredevil Set Pics Show Off Matt Murdock's Civilian Look

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Daredevil Set Pics Show Off Matt Murdock's Civilian Look

Leaked photos from the set of Netflix's Daredevil series have revealed Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock.

Early last month <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136024-Daredevil-Set-Photos-and-Video-Emerge>images and video emerged giving Daredevil fans their very first peek at Marvel's in-the-works series for Netflix. Not that they showed very much, mind you. Don't get me wrong, they were still interesting and it was nice to see hints that the series will be utilizing the hero's classic origin story. That said, there's only so much excitement you can muster over vague images of a truck accident and footage of a child screaming "I can't see!" A man walking around in a suit with a cane, however? Now we're talking.

Granted, it does make things a tad more notable when the man in question is actor Charlie Cox dressed as series' protagonist Matt Murdock. The images, which were obtained and released by the folks at Just Jared, show Cox garbed as Murdock in a grey suit, holding a cane and (in several images) wearing sunglasses. He noticeably also has a bruise next to his right hand eye that I'm going to go on a limb and assume is a product of his evening vigilante romps.

All in all, while it will obviously be more interesting to see Cox in his actual Daredevil costume, I have to say that I really like the way the show seems to be portraying Murdock. My impression of the character has always been that he's the last guy you'd ever expect to be a superhero. Cox's take on the character, based on these pictures, very much succeeds in that regard. I look at this guy and see someone less likely to pummel villains to a pulp with fists than they are to complain about their latte at Starbucks. Granted, I suppose he could still ruin it by having a totally subtle <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLntlRklNBU>acrobatic melee bout in a playground in broad daylight. That said, I'd like to believe that Marvel learns from its mistakes. Take a peek at the pictures and let us know what you think.

[gallery=2973]

Source: Just Jared

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
When I saw these pics earlier, my reaction was a mental shrug.

Matt Murdoch is usually portrayed as a guy in a suit with dark glasses and a cane. Cox is most definitely a guy in a suit with dark glasses and a cane.

But as this is quite possibly the easiest thing not to screw up, I guess all I can say is "at least they didn't change him," I guess.

Can't wait for some DD costume pics, though.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
To me, this is as exciting as seeing what Peter Parker or Clark Kent looks like.

We're all waiting for the suit. Fingers crossed.

The Pink Pansy

Jun 17, 2010
Trishbot said:
To me, this is as exciting as seeing what Peter Parker or Clark Kent looks like.

We're all waiting for the suit. Fingers crossed.
But they showed him in a suit, what more do you want?

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Guy with a cane. Now i know i expected a man with a cane as he is blind but i would like to see the Dare Devil costume. I guess they know that already. We want to see Batman not Bruce Wayne, Superman and not Clark. But atleast he looks great as a blind guy - they are 100% spot on. :)

Kuredan

Hingle McCringleberry
Dec 4, 2012
I'm just wondering what's up with the poofy hair. I mean I know it's sloppy chic these days but I expect more from my super heroes

Anna Lodwick

Aug 6, 2014
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
I want the original costume. Just start him out in that, he's blind so he's got no fashion or color sense.
Fashion? Not necessarily. I'm blind and I credit myself with some fashion sense, enough not to use my electric blue cane while wearing animal print anyway. But I digress, I'm excited to get more info on the series, even if it is only a blind guy in a suit. Naturally, I'm much more interested in how it'll turn out from a audio/scripting/plot point of view but reading speculation based on visuals is still much better than nothing. :).

Aikayai

May 31, 2011
I want the original costume. Just start him out in that, he's blind so he's got no fashion or color sense.
I can't tell if this is ignorance or sarcasm

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Aikayai said:
Aikayai said:
Sarcasm, which apparently doesn't come across well without brackets...