WWE 2K15 Moves Into Graphic Territory

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
WWE 2K15 Moves Into Graphic Territory

WWE 2K15 from 2K Sports, Visual Concepts and Yuke's looks like an impressive step up from previous offerings in the series

Read Full Article

youji itami

Jun 1, 2014
"2K, Visceral and Yuke's are betting big that the answer from rasslin' fans and gamers alike is a resounding,"

Visceral games is owned by EA, it's Visual Concepts that handles 2K's sports games Bob.

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
youji itami said:
"2K, Visceral and Yuke's are betting big that the answer from rasslin' fans and gamers alike is a resounding,"

Visceral games is owned by EA, it's Visual Concepts that handles 2K's sports games Bob.
This has been fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10450771_840124862673783_921283810272297677_n.png?oh=c1e8e924c72ce87be1111741e3080844&oe=547B4206

seems about right

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
I guess it depends how dynamic the system is. A heel being able to cheap shot his way out of the lockup early should certainly be in there, and guys like Hogan should have their own test of strength-pushing stuff they usually do over the more technical fare you'd see Bret Hart or Chris Jericho bust out in the chain-wrestling.

I can see where they're coming from, because spamming (usually running) strikes has oft been a major anchorweight on the games' feel, and trying to get people in the habit of doing moves kind of sets an atmosphere.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Honestly, with all the talk they do, I'm more interested in what matches the Divas can't participate in.

*in b4 Diva hate.*

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
Seth Carter said:
I can see where they're coming from, because spamming (usually running) strikes has oft been a major anchorweight on the games' feel, and trying to get people in the habit of doing moves kind of sets an atmosphere.
And yet they kept the pin gauge in. The one where you need to have luck enough to press X (A) when the green laterally increasing/decreasing bar is inside the static red bar to free yourself from the pin; or get up in a last man standing match or whatever the stipulation in which the gauge appears. The same gauge mind you that's a nightmare at the best of times and impossibly to use when there's ANY latency, something that's generally found in online multiplayer.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I would say that all of that sounds pretty terrible. I would, but honestly I haven't enjoyed a wrestling game in so long it's hard to care what they do with this franchise. I guess I should applaud them trying to mix it up, but when you keep a series so static for so long I worry that fans of that series are going to have a bad reaction to anyone trying add new ingredients to a design they have grown quite accustomed to.

For me, I wish there were still wrestling games like No Mercy, Wrestlemania 2000, and WCW/nWo Revenge. Failing that, I'd take another version of that Def Jam wrestling game that used the same engine as those N64 games.

thehorror2

Jan 25, 2010
Eh. The WWE games have been getting steadily more complex and simultaneously less fun to play since the Smackdown/Day of Reckoning days on the Xbox/PS2/Gamecube. Doesn't sound like anything different happening now.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
I bought 2K14 because I felt I just needed some wrestling games in my life at the time...and I still do. 2K15 seems to be shaping up well especially the inclusion of NXT, I can only hope they don't go down the route of...day of reckoning was it? With the random CAWs and all that, and instead give us Tyler Breeze. Everyone else would be good too but as long as prince pretty is in I could care less if CJ Parker, or Bull Dempsey isn't.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
2K14 was a real step in the right direction, im really hoping 2K15 can deliver, really excited for it. Especially the wrestlers not looking like shit. Thats a huge bonus