Comedy Central Turns Twitter Feed @DadBoner Into TV Show

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Comedy Central Turns Twitter Feed @DadBoner Into TV Show

Popular social media character DadBoner to become cable animated series

With everyone in the cable animation business bracing to find out what the impending first time ever arrival of [I]The Simpsons[/I] as a regula...eed-comedy-central-822584/] [B]Permalink[/B]

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Alright, after this and the Hadfield based tv show, they will officially make a show out of anything these days..... does that mean a Polandball tv show is on the way? Because I'd be all over that.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
MovieBob said:
In 2010, CBS made headlines by developing a similar project based on $#*! My Dad Says [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/$h*!_My_Dad_Says] as a vehicle for William Shatner. The resulting series was widely panned, and canceled after 13 episodes.
Ah, yes. That thing. An intelligent person would have surmised that network television is not a good outlet for a series whose very title cannot be legally said on the air. But such a person also would not be working at CBS. :smugface:

This, on the other hand, could potentially work. Assuming they won't end up being bound by the same restriction (you can definitely say "boner" on Comedy Central, but magazines and TV listings might be reluctant to print it), this is at least already a fictional character created by an actual professional comedian.