8 Amazing LucasArts Games We Shouldn't Forget

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008

Today we go down memory lane with eight of the best games to come out of LucasArts. There are so many, yet we picked eight games that stood out from the crowd. Which great games did we miss?

Read Full Article

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
I was agreeing up until the last one. That game was incredibly meh.

I mean, you choose Force Unleashed in favor of Jedi Knight?

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Buccura said:

Agreed. Jedi Knight had actual lightsaber physics for one thing.

Though I still agree with the list. Those are some damn fine games.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
TFU over Dark Forces/Jedi Knight?

I...wow.
I know these lists usually have one 'troll pic' in them, but this time it went to far.

No cool man, no cool at all.
;P

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
Buccura said:

Agreed. Jedi Knight had actual lightsaber physics for one thing.

Though I still agree with the list. Those are some damn fine games.
Jedi Academy, still probably my favorite star wars game aside from X-wing vs Tie Fighter. I didn't play any of the other games from the list besides the star wars games, they just don't interest me.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
We shouldn't forget how shit The Force Unleashed was. Especially compared to Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast.

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
I must be one of the few who really liked The Force Unleashed. Sure, it broke Star Wars canon, and the characters and plot were forgettable, but the gameplay showcased some really neat technologies (enemy AI that clings on to things as you force push them, objects that shatter/bend/wobble realistically) and it was really just a blast to mess around with. The sequel, less so.
Granted, Jedi Outcast was also a great game, with a somewhat more engaging plot and nice gunplay in addition to force powers, but I had a lot more fun with TFU.

And it's good to see Monkey Island is #1 (and #5). Those games will forever be the face of LucasArts adventure games for me. Or rather, LucasFilm Games, as they were known at the time.

TheArcaneThinker

Jul 19, 2014
Star wars battlefront 2 was the best star wars game ever . I still play it , its amazing.

I was surprised by Jedi knight not being on the list . Is force unleashed that good ?

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
2 Monkey Island games and no Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction? 3 Star Wars titles and no OUTLAWS? And if 3 SW titles are going to be there... how in the world does TFU outrank Dark Forces or Republic Commando? Heck, the LEGO game is better by far than TFU.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
DrStrangelove said:

Today we go down memory lane with eight of the best games to come out of LucasArts. There are so many, yet we picked eight games that stood out from the crowd. Which great games did we miss?

Read Full Article
When I saw this list I thought to myself "I bet they didn't add Zombies Ate My Neighbors". Happy to be wrong on that one.

I don't know if I'd still call ZAMN my favorite game ever, but it was one of the best times I ever had playing co-op with my best friend. We played through it until we just couldn't get any farther. Then a couple of months later we rented a Game Genie from Blockbuster and cheated our way through the game to get to the end. And even with the cheats turned on, it was still bloody brutal. Big Baby was a tough enemy to conquer, but it was so much fun. I bet we played it for 6, maybe 7 hours that one day.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
I was going to say that possibly they were taking into account that Raven Software could be considered the developers of Jedi Outcast/Academy (though I guess Dark Forces I and II were Lucasarts) but Battlefront is on the list and you could argue that that's more of a Pandemic thing.

Starbolt-81

Jan 7, 2009
Cant believe you snubbed both Full Throttle and Sam 'n' Max in favor of crap like the Force unleashed :(

blackaesir

May 16, 2014
Since we're all piling on...

No entry for Dark Forces/Jedi Knight?

Also, I too loved Full Throttle, including another brilliant round of bad-guy voice acting from Mark Hammil