13 GIFs That Explain Doctor Who

Dan O'Halloran

Feb 4, 2014
13 GIFs That Explain Doctor Who

What better way to catch up on the sci-fi craze of Doctor Who than with animated GIFs?

Read Full Article

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
Holy fuck balls, there's some massive spoilers in that thing. Maybe drop a warning for that?
The site only reviews episodes every week, sometimes twice. If you're not caught up and don't want to be, don't read it. It's right there in the title FFS. BTW, Dumbledore died and Bilbo stole the ring from Golum.

Dec 14, 2009
Remus said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Holy fuck balls, there's some massive spoilers in that thing. Maybe drop a warning for that?
The site only reviews episodes every week, sometimes twice. If you're not caught up and don't want to be, don't read it. It's right there in the title FFS. BTW, Dumbledore died and Bilbo stole the ring from Golum.
I've seen Doctor Who, I was thinking about people who haven't, also, the title 'explains' Doctor Who, nowhere does it say anything about revealing key story points, but hey, if you wanna be passive aggressive as fuck, be my guest.

Edit: Hmm, my bad, it does appear to mention catching up in the little paragraph before the article.

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
Remus said:
Daystar Clarion said:
DUMBLEDORE DIED!?

This article doesn't seem very spoiler packed. I don't even watch the show and I knew most of this stuff, even about the master.

Shodan1980

Mar 29, 2010
I kind of think of Moffatt as Doctor Who's answer to George Lucas. Great with somebody to ride herd on him but give him free rein and it goes badly quickly. Blink is his Empire Strikes Back, Matt Smith onwards is his prequel trilogy.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Shodan1980 said:
I kind of think of Moffatt as Doctor Who's answer to George Lucas. Great with somebody to ride herd on him but give him free rein and it goes badly quickly. Blink is his Empire Strikes Back, Matt Smith onwards is his prequel trilogy.

Personally I liked Matt Smith as the Doctor. Sad face Doctor didn't do it for me.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Awesome gifs... just a tad sad that no one mentioned Vincent and The Doctor... god that episode tears me up every single time.

Shodan1980

Mar 29, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
I liked Matt Smith as the Doctor too, I just thought that the stories he was lumbered with were either over-complicated, incredibly heavy-handed or horribly internally inconsistent. And far too many of them were solved with the Doctor delivering a speech about how totes awesome humanity was. I would have loved to have seen what Russell T. Davies would have done with Matt Smith. Compare Blink, with Russell T. telling Moffatt no, and the Time of Angels, where they just completely abandoned and undermined the idea of them. Or Angels Take Manhattan where the Statue of frigging Liberty was an Angel. So not one person in New York was looking out their window? And every picture of the Statue of Liberty was an Angel? Great when restrained, has a tendency to ruin things when allowed to do what he wants. This is not to say, by a long stretch, that I don't still love the show. It's just that since Moffatt took over there's always something in each episode that jars slightly and throws it off. I guess it's unfair to compare him to Lucas, he is better than that, it's just the best example I can think of.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Shodan1980 said:
CardinalPiggles said:
I liked Matt Smith as the Doctor too, I just thought that the stories he was lumbered with were either over-complicated, incredibly heavy-handed or horribly internally inconsistent. And far too many of them were solved with the Doctor delivering a speech about how totes awesome humanity was. I would have loved to have seen what Russell T. Davies would have done with Matt Smith. Compare Blink, with Russell T. telling Moffatt no, and the Time of Angels, where they just completely abandoned and undermined the idea of them. Or Angels Take Manhattan where the Statue of frigging Liberty was an Angel. So not one person in New York was looking out their window? And every picture of the Statue of Liberty was an Angel? Great when restrained, has a tendency to ruin things when allowed to do what he wants. This is not to say, by a long stretch, that I don't still love the show. It's just that since Moffatt took over there's always something in each episode that jars slightly and throws it off. I guess it's unfair to compare him to Lucas, he is better than that, it's just the best example I can think of.
I guess it just never bothered me. I tend not to read into it too much. Ignorance is bliss and so on.