8 Activision Games That Will Leave You Wanting

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Activision Games That Will Leave You Wanting

Today we are giving you eight games from publishing behemoth Activision that you should leave alone. Activision isn't perfect, they've made more than their fair share of crap, and today we roll around in their crappy games. But remember, for every crappy game that Activision has put out they've released several that you really should play, so there's more than enough fish in the sea.

Read Full Article

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Call of Duty Black Ops 2? One of the best selling games of all time that fans adored? You think that one should be avoided?

Look, we've got Maddens and we had NCAA games so why not shooters? At least Black Ops 2 boasted tighter controls, better graphics, better bots and just generally improved on everything like the entire football game genre fails to do.

youji itami

Jun 1, 2014
Lightknight said:
Call of Duty Black Ops 2? One of the best selling games of all time that fans adored? You think that one should be avoided?

Look, we've got Maddens and we had NCAA games so why not shooters? At least Black Ops 2 boasted tighter controls, better graphics, better bots and just generally improved on everything like the entire football game genre fails to do.
Agreed last year's CoD Ghosts would have been a much better choice or if you wanted an older one MW3 but Bops2? the one who's story was justifiably praised.

Also X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a very good game and also received good reviews better than some so called 'innovative masterpiece's'.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
I'm not into CoD at all but even I'm aware that Black Ops 2 was received waaaaaaay better than Ghosts was.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
I'm basically with everyone else here. BlOps 2 was by far the most superior to any Call of Duty game of the past five years. Especially in the multiplayer department. The controls, weapons, and loadout customization system are what really put it at the top of CoD games, at least in my opinion.

Also I think it's a little unfair to put Destiny on the list of "crappy games" when, as the article states, it was just released today and with the chance that it might not be "as good as everyone is hoping" being the only criticism for it.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
If Away Team was ripping anything off, it was early Commandos. But X-Com? Seriously? Also, it was quite enjoyable lightweight tactics.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Black Ops 2 may not have had anything new to offer, but it was a solid game, especially for folks who'd missed a number of previous entries in the franchise.

I played Destiny while it was still in alpha. I didn't find it bad, just kinda boring. Feels like the worst parts of Halo had a baby with the most trendy parts of Call of Duty. Is it really that hard to make a shooter without RPG elements?

P.S. Thanks

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Seen a lot of bad Star Trek games today. Are there any good ones?

Did we only have 7 games, so had to pull Destiny from our moistened arsecheeks today? ;)

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
youji itami said:
Also X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a very good game and also received good reviews better than some so called 'innovative masterpiece's'.
Exactly, it's one of the better X-men/Wolverine games and a solid one at that.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
X-Men Origins: Wolverine was hands down the best movie-tie in game I've ever played. That doesn't mean much except that I played it all the way through and did it again and again because of how much fun it was. I didn't care about the music, but fighting a Sentinel in all its original awesome glory? Priceless.

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
Seems like a strange list to me. There are no shortage of bad Activision games. A quick cross-reference of Wikipedia and Metacritic gives:

Most of the Transformers games that aren't War/Fall of Cybertron
Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse
Men in Black: Alien Crysis (only 3 publications bothered to review this and they all hated it)
Battleship
007 Legends
Fast and Furious Showdown

Funnily enough, I wasn't planning on cherry picking film/TV crossovers, just sort of fell out that way.

As other's have pointed out Wolverine was actually a fun game. It obviously had a limited budget, resulting in somewhat bland environments and lack of variety, but the combat was fun.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Rellik San said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Birth of the Federation and Elite Force spring to mind. :)
I had a friend who used to swear by Armada and Bridge Commander.

I've got a soft spot for DS9: The Fallen. It's not great, but it is playable. Going back away the 25th Anniversary game on the NES was pretty good if kinda derpy. Though that might just be my childhood haunting me.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Xsjadoblayde said:
The first Star Trek: Armada is pretty good. Esp. since it has Denise Crosby as Sela. The second Star Trek: Armada isn't bad, but isn't nearly as good as the first. The story campaign isn't nearly as well written and the Borg fusion cubes practically break the game.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I thought the Wolverine game was pretty well received, and even did the exact opposite of what the article said, which is disprove the idea that all movie tie-ins are bad.

And as previously mentioned Black Ops 2 was a fairly solid game, if you don't believe me, ask Justin Clouse
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/10043-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-2-Review.2

Gun was even known to be a pretty solid game for its time.

Also you just said a game that has been out for less than a day is a "crappy" game and I should "Leave it alone".

Seriously, who signs off on these lists and does anyone even proof read them?