Interview: Rhiannon Frater, Author Of The Mesmerized

DevanSagliani

May 5, 2014
Interview: Rhiannon Frater, Author Of The Mesmerized

"Robert Kirkman can have love triangles, sex scenes, etc, and he's still considered a gritty horror writer. If a woman includes those story aspects, she's writing a Harlequin novel with zombies."

Read Full Article

Aggieknight

Dec 6, 2009
Thank you for the awesome interview.

As a would be author (who works at a 'real' job for a living) hearing her story was very inspiring.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
Very interesting interview!

My partner and I are just now going full time as authors ourselves, the 30th of this month is the official last day of being a working-stiff!

A few things jumped out at me: she doesn't read the genres in which she writes. We're the same. I remember a quote by Margarette Atwood about how the best and most creative writing comes from authors who look outside their genres for inspiration.

We also have a tendency to write about the things that scare us most. Our latest horror novel was a cornucopia of the stuff that makes us cringe.

Goodluck to her! We know a bit of the pain of reader expectations, we're a duo that covers both male and female, but having written in romance before leads to people wanting to shunt us into that regardless of the topic.