Break Your Xbox One And Xbox 360 With This New App

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013

Break Media has released an app for the Xbox One and Xbox 360 that will put all of their shows just a click away.

Come on, now. You know you like pranks just like the rest of us. And some of the best pranking, along with other great content, comes from our Defy sister site Break.com [http://www.break.com]. And now they have a new app where you can catch up on all their hijinx on the Xbox One and Xbox 360.

The new app [http://www.break.com/article/break-app-for-xbox-one-and-xbox-360-2757012] will include the Screenjunkies show Prank It Forward, as well as Man at Arms and Honest Trailers. And to use their words, they have "literally 1,001 videos of cats, Russian dashcams, parkour fails and people who really, really should have been wearing helmets."

The app is free and can be downloaded from the Xbox Store.

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
Oh you title-attracting bastard article. Lol, oh well... my fault. I don't have an xbox one, or xbox live in general or, whatever. So don't know why I clicked this... Interesting though.

NickBrahz

Mar 30, 2011
ThePurpleStuff said:
Oh you title-attracting bastard article. Lol, oh well... my fault. I don't have an xbox one, or xbox live in general or, whatever. So don't know why I clicked this... Interesting though.
Nobody would ever read any of the news if it had proper titles =/

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Inb4 Click bait hate!!

I like the Honest trailer stuff.. wonder if it's also going to have Everything Wrong With.,

TehAardvark

Apr 4, 2011
No THIS is legitimate click-bait, the title infers something it doesn't deliver in the slightest.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Darn misleading titles...
...how am I gonna brake my 360 now?

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Disappointing, I was expecting it to be an app that blew any XboxOnes in a 10 metre vicinity to smithereens.

Now, this is clickbait at its finest. I may be disappointed by intact Xboxes, but I'm even more disappointed in you, Escapist.

Bad Escapist. Bad.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I came here to read about examples of poor programming. Instead, I got something I still probably would have read but do not care about the subject matter. (Except maybe the Russian dashcams, those are almost always a hoot.)

Escapist, I am disappoint.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
You sly old fox, escapist. Ah well...back to the 'spilt cup of coffee' method it IS then. The old ones are the best, eh?

Yokillernick

May 11, 2012
This is just sad come on I mean downloading that app doesn't even slightly toast the Xbone. Well "Gr8 B8 M8 I R8 8/8 no H8" - IGN

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
Well, damn. Now the only way I can break my 360 using this article is by throwing my laptop at it.

LarsInCharge

Sep 9, 2014
Makabriel said:
Inb4 Click bait hate!!

I like the Honest trailer stuff.. wonder if it's also going to have Everything Wrong With.,
No, the click-bait hate is pretty clear on this one.

Shameful, Escapist. Are the bills really getting to you to this extent?

Kieve

Jan 4, 2011
John Keefer said:
Break Your Monitor With This New Clickbait Title

Defy Media has released an article for the Escapist that will put all of their other clickbait titles to shame.

Come on, now. You know you like pranks just like the rest of us. And some of the best pranking, along with other great content, comes from our Defy editors who think up these titles. Like right now, my boss is doing his best Dark Helmet impression as he watches the views on this piece go up. "Fooled you!" [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKnhq1iEW4M]

For those hoping for a great way to brick your friend's Xbox, we're sorry to disappoint. As a consolation prize, consider our sister-site's app, which will let them view endless mind-numbing content from around the web until they're ready to chuck their hardware out a window themselves!

The app is free and can be downloaded from the Xbox Store.

Article seemed a little broken, so I had a go fixing it. Maybe not as entertaining as a ruined Xbone, but I'd like to think the Spaceballs reference makes up for it.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
John Keefer said:
Break Media has released an app for the Xbox One and Xbox 360 that will put all of their shows just a click away.
Now, this article's title qualify as a clickbait candidate. What's next? An article about a game called Brick Trap comming to the Wii U with the title "It's a Trap! This game port will Brick your Wii U"?

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
John Keefer said:
What happened to the "Advertised/Sponsored Content" tag in titles? Nobody appreciates articles like this when they arent informative and are purely to advertise products. Even if they are free, even if you didnt do this for money, this needs to be tagged as what it is.

This kind of stuff really should not be endorsed.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
well, considering how many variuos scripts and advertisements escapist run it would likely break any console trying to load all that stuff, so the title is correct.

joking aside, this looks like clicbait title with advertisement inside. i though we agreed to tag advertisement as advertisement?

CaitSeith said:
Now, this article's title qualify as a clickbait candidate. What's next? An article about a game called Brick Trap comming to the Wii U with the title "It's a Trap! This game port will Brick your Wii U"?
we already saw "Your Destiny awaits you" you know.