Doctor Who's Smith Goes Hunting Zombies and Bride in Pride

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Doctor Who's Smith Goes Hunting Zombies and Bride in Pride

Congratulations, Mr Collins! Try to look more cheerful, man!

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains; or in this case, in want of Lily James [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134196-Doctor-Whos-Matt-Smith-to-Play-Major-Role-in-Terminator-Reboot] as central character Elizabeth Bennet.

This one's had a rocky road so far. People have been talking about making this movie since February 2009, a remarkable achievement given that the book didn't hit the stands till April 2009. At one point that all came to nothing [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/writersroom/8541-Will-A-Norbit-Hurt-Natalie-Portman-s-Oscar-Odds].

Smith's Mr Collins is one of the suitors that orbits Bennet, but Collins isn't nearly as fortunate as Mr Darcy. Mind you, it may be for the best that he isn't playing Darcy; I just can't see Smith keeping a straight face when confronted with dialogue like this:

'She remembered the lead ammunition in her pocket and offered it to him. "Your balls, Mr. Darcy?" He reached out and closed her hand around them, and offered, "They belong to you, Miss Bennet."'

Corpsing would take on a whole new meaning.

Source: Hollywood Reporter [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/doctor-who-star-matt-smith-733780]

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Hmm thats going to cause trouble at mill. I believe that Miss Lily James is Mr Smith's girlfriend. Mr Collins is rather odious and is perhaps best summed by this picture from the Coil Firth BBC adaptation

So Matt Smith will not be having fun on set while the romantic lead gets the girl

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
albino boo said:
Hmm thats going to cause trouble at mill. I believe that Miss Lily James is Mr Smith's girlfriend. Mr Collins is rather odious is perhaps best summed by this picture from the Coil Firth BBC adaptation

So Matt Smith will not be having fun on set while the romantic lead gets the girl
I think he will have fun, after all he gets to marry one of the sorry stricken.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I'd watch this movie just because Zombies gave more satisfying story for Mr. Collins than the original book did.

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
Daaaamn.I actually felt bad for mr Collins when reading PP&Z, with all that happens to him in that book. Is it too much to ask for Nicholas Hoult as mr Darcy? He's age appropriate by now.

ShenCS

Aug 24, 2010
Goddammit, they're actually making a film out of that swill? Well, nice to know Smith has resigned himself to hipster culture.

DoctorM

Nov 30, 2010
ShenCS said:
Goddammit, they're actually making a film out of that swill? Well, nice to know Smith has resigned himself to hipster culture.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the book was garbage. Just because the managed to sell a lot of copies does not mean the world needs a film version.