GAMDIAS Eros V2 Gaming Headset Review

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
GAMDIAS Eros V2 Gaming Headset Review

For a gamer, there?s little more you can ask for in a headset: it?s comfortable to wear, has a decent mic, good sound, and surround sound.

Read Full Article

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Question:
As someone who uses a freaking PSP for a music player...and for a laptop doesn't really talk online.

Is something at this price really worth it?

I've been using these 20USD Sony headsets, but I seem to have to replace them every 3-6 months.
-The damn cord shorts out or gets all crappy with the audio.

Rangarig

Dragon in disguise
Apr 19, 2010
Tanis said:
Question:
As someone who uses a freaking PSP for a music player...and for a laptop doesn't really talk online.

Is something at this price really worth it?

I've been using these 20USD Sony headsets, but I seem to have to replace them every 3-6 months.
-The damn cord shorts out or gets all crappy with the audio.
This depends really on what your preferred and intended use is and is going to be. If you do not need/want a built-in microphone, then there is no need for you to purchase a gaming headset as shown here. However, there is a lot of choice beyond the $20 headphones and a decent high-quality headset can make a measurable difference.

The difficulty arises if you need/want to use one headset for both the PSP and your laptop. Your laptop could make use of a 5.1/7.1 surround headset (with an appropriate sound card built-in/via USB), and you would definitely enjoy a different (and likely improved) experience there than with a stereo headset. However, your PSP only outputs Stereo L/R channels, even if it advertises "3D Sound", and you need to ask yourself if you want to carry around your PSP with a headset that is bigger than the console itself.

I have been using gaming headsets (Logitech, now Roccat) for a few years now, and definitely prefer the sturdier, higher quality gaming headsets - also because of the built-in surround sound. For my PS-Vita, I use a compact high-quality in-ear headset from BOSE.

And there are also alternatives and accessory options to increase the durability of your headset cord, incl. headsets that have their wires integrated in a sturdy zipper.