New Jupiter Ascending Trailer Expands the Universe

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
New Jupiter Ascending Trailer Expands the Universe

The Wachowskis' sci-fi epic reveals secret origins and intergalactic war

The Wachowskis won back a lot of critics with 2012's visionary genre-buster Cloud Atlas, [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/6452-Cloud-Atlas] but they've still yet to score a genuine box-office juggernaut to match their starmaking Matrix Trilogy.

The duo, their investors and Warner Bros had been hoping that the galaxy-spanning sci-fi action/adventure Jupiter Ascending would do the trick brand-new trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/columns/moviebob/10862-Here-Comes-2014.2] offers a look at those effects, and reveals more of Jupiter's ambitious storyline.

In the film, Jupiter (Sean Bean [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/2510-Black-Swan] as "Stinger," a character who has been described as a human/bee hybrid.

Jupiter Ascending is due in theaters February 6th, 2015.

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/movies-and-tv/]

Aristatide

Jul 19, 2014
Oh my god. I just hauled butt to Wikipedia because I suspected MovieBob was punking us all, but no, it's true. The Wachowskis are giving us a movie about Sean BEEan's attempts to find special nectar for his baBEE and Mila Kunis being inexplicably aroused by Channing Tatum having more in common with a dog than her. Whut.

Well, this movie just shot from "well, I should see it in the theaters because it won't look as good at home" to "goddamn I cannot wait to see this thing it's either going to be a trainwreck of glorious proportions or else change my religion."

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
So I'm happy to see more space adventure type movies, but every time I watch the trailers for this I can't help but think that it's going to wind up being a pretty but shitty movie. Something whose concepts are neat and visuals are great, but can't escape the gravity of bad script/acting.

Still, who knows, I've been surprised before.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
Hm feels like a Hunger Games/Gardians of the Galazy/Twilight mash up to me, but basically what [user]scotth266[/user] said.

I hope it doesn't get caught up in the shitty script/awful acting black hole but I'm more than likely going to see it at some point anyway. I'll admit that I'm somewhat of a graphics whore and them effects do look very shiny.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Mm yeah, gotta keep those working-class girls daydreaming.

Feels a little watery to me, as a concept.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Getting more and more hyped about this!

But.... "Bring her to me". Sigh... How about "Just snipe her head off the nano second you get her in your sights. Then, fire all your missiles at her corpse!".
Oh right, because then he would actually WIN. :\

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I alwyas keep forgetting that this film is coming out soon, I mean it look more of a summer release sort of movie! Also Sean Bean is in it? So what is the odd that he will actually stayed alived in the entire film?

K12

Dec 28, 2012
Well this'll definitely look incredible even if I'm not convinced that it'll hang together and could easily come off as silly.

Was the "I love dogs" comment supposed to be as hilariously awkward as that?

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
This trailer feels a lot like a spolier and i feel sorry that I watched it. The plot doesn't seem too interesting either. Though I'm still definitely gonna see it just 'cause of the Wachowskis.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
This just makes me sad.

Space opera is still waiting for the next Star Wars, it seems.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Aristatide said:
Oh my god. I just hauled butt to Wikipedia because I suspected MovieBob was punking us all, but no, it's true. The Wachowskis are giving us a movie about Sean BEEan's attempts to find special nectar for his baBEE and Mila Kunis being inexplicably aroused by Channing Tatum having more in common with a dog than her. Whut.

Well, this movie just shot from "well, I should see it in the theaters because it won't look as good at home" to "goddamn I cannot wait to see this thing it's either going to be a trainwreck of glorious proportions or else change my religion."
Pretty much all of this.

By the Emperor this thing sounds so dumb I had to look it up because I thought MovieBob was screwing with us cause it's Friday or something. I was hoping this was going to be a great movie but now I'm not so sure.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I came to this page harboring much doubt. I will leave it with a movie that I cannot wait to see. Space Opera HOOOOOOOOOOO!

MPerce

May 29, 2011
WOOOOOOO, WACHOWSKI MADNESS!

That's why I love those two. They go all out on their crazy ideas. Even if said ideas result in a massive train wreck, I can't help but admire that dedication to insanity.

Ickabod

May 29, 2008
I really want to want to see this, but I just can't get excited about these trailers. The concept seems like a B movie idea that is trying to be an A movie in it's seriousness. It just seems like something in the trailers is missing a key note. When I first saw the Guardians trailer, it was silly, it knew what it was and then it excelled at that once it finally hit the screen. Jupiter just seems to be lacking that same; spirit, soul, energy, etc..

I hope I'm wrong, because I love a good space sci-fi movie, even a cheesy one. So hopefully there is more to this than the trailer.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
We have been taught that the birthplace of the human race is Earth. It is not.
Well it didn't take too long for me to start rolling my eyes with a low groan.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
What are those dragon dudes, does anyone know?

They seem rather oddly thrown in to me, but I admit to knowing nothing about this movie or it's possible source materials.

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
I have to say that there's one truly burning question that remains to be answered about this movie. How will Sean Bean die this time?

ZeroAxis

Apr 11, 2010
hentropy said:
We have been taught that the birthplace of the human race is Earth. It is not.
Well it didn't take too long for me to start rolling my eyes with a low groan.
Everyone knows the birthplace of humankind is Kobol.........jeez

Angnor said:
I have to say that there's one truly burning question that remains to be answered about this movie. How will Sean Bean die this time?
Death by "Harvest" or "Let gravity decide"

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Cloud Atlas did all right by the critics, and was well received at some of the film festivals, but it was pretty polarizing. And as far as box office went, it was kind of a dud, especially in the U.S..

...Don't get me wrong, I thought it was an amazing movie, and I wanted- hoped- that it would do better than it did. The costume and make-up work alone was both masterful and audacious, and I wanted to personally thank every actor in it for seeing such a project through.

But, yeah, they need a hit. And I'm just not sure Jupiter is it.

In addition to more story, the trailer offers better views of sprawling alien worlds, strange creatures like winged reptile-men and Sean Bean as "Stinger," a character who has been described as a human/bee hybrid.
La dee-dee, one two three...