Which October Game Are You Most Looking Forward To?

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Which October Game Are You Most Looking Forward To?

The deluge of amazing games continues in October. Here's what you should be most excited about for next month.

Read Full Article

StHubi

Jan 15, 2010
It is amazing how many AAA-titles are coming next month! Although I am only looking forward to Cvilization Beyond Earth. I loved CiV so much that this CBE is already the most anticipated game 2014 for me :)

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Bayonetta!
Was never able to play the first one, so now to get both number 1 and 2 in one set will be awesome!
Looking forward to it. Just hoping all the Hyrule Warriors I am gaming now won't take away from enoying another fighting game. Most likely not :p

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Aw shit, son, I wanna see 'em all. I wanna rub my face up against the cover of a physical copy of every single one! I wanna be barred from my local video game store for nudity!

I'm going to get Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and I look forward to seeing how Alien: Isolation and The Evil Within turn out as well. That improvised weapon looks impressively resourceful.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
I am on the fence about Alien Isolation right now for it sounds interesting, but at the same time I have concerns that it might not be something I enjoy. Everything I have seen and read on it hasn't swayed me one way or the other about it and it might come down to either a Steam sale or a Let's Play video before I make my mind up. I was also a little put off by the pre-order content, but that is a different story all together.

The one game that is almost a certainty that I will be purchasing is Borderlands: THe Pre-Sequel. At first it didn't seem like I really needed another Borderlands game (I already own the first two), but after seeing the new mechanics especially the zero-g environment I think its going to be added to my collection, besides I think I have between 500 and 600 hours combined between the first two games, so I will probably get my money's worth out of it too.

Longing

Nov 29, 2012
I am 100% buying the new Borderlands and will check to see if either Isolation or Evil Within is getting good reviews. I have a vague feeling neither will do well, critically speaking. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I would also love to play the new Civilization if my computer wasn't a complete piece of melting shit.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Okay, not anew game at all, the Battlefield 4 is finally getting the 'this changes everything' update from the CTE set up. It's essentially a re-release into BF4.1 and that has me far more excited than any new products coming this month.

That said, Borderlands will likely get the a lot of mileage out of me and my friends too, Smash Brothers would if any of had a Wii or a 3DS...

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. The disc won't be leaving my PS3's disc tray even if it is just half as good as 2.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Smash Bros. 3DS is the only one I'm interested in at the moment. I also just remembered it will be out in less than a week! :D

luske3

Mar 5, 2014
The Evil Within is the only AAA title released in October I'll probably buy before the years end. The others look alright,
but I'd rather wait a year for price reductions and steam sales and such :)

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Hmmm, no mention of Shadow of Mordor on that list..... thats the big one I'm looking forward to next week.

Can't buy Bayonetta 2 :(
Not sure about Civ: Space edition :S
I've just got bored with one grinding horde happy game in Destiny, so I doubt I'll be buying Borderlands this time round.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
To be honest, nothing in the triple-AAA release schedule interests me at all this coming month. There's just...nothing. Not a single trip-A game.

However, there are some video-game related content releases that do. Most notably: the Terraria 1.3 Lunar update.

I mean, come on...

Plus new armor, weapon, and item sets, new dye options, new building tools and materials, and a slew of other as-yet-unrevealed additions? How can I not be excited? I can't wait.

Though, I'm a bit more interested in the 'other' big project Redigit and his team are working on behind the scenes. I'm lead to believe it's Terraria 2, but it might be some new IP all together.

Either way, Redigit and his team still impress.

briankoontz

May 17, 2010
wooty said:
Hmmm, no mention of Shadow of Mordor on that list..... thats the big one I'm looking forward to next week.
Omitting it is accurate - Shadow of Mordor is releasing Tuesday (on some systems in some locations), which is the last day of September.

Where is the mention of Legend of Grimrock II? Fourteen replies so far and nothing? Tough crowd. That's my second most-anticipated game of October, behind the very popular Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Borderlands 2 is one of the most fun games I've ever played.

Previous Octobers have been very strong on game releases as well, we shouldn't be surprised by the "bumper crop". I believe this has to do with there being a lot of Christmas shoppers in the month of October - October may be the 2nd best month for game releases, behind the clearly dominant November, competing with December for #2.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Shadows of Mordor (yes yes, technically september)..

If I had a Wii U, SSB would probably be on there.

I might check out some LPs of the Borderlands thing, but both the earlier installments put off with the forced "zaniness"

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Evil Within, I guess. I doubt I'll buy it anywhere near release but I am curious to see how well it does and if opinion is favourable enough I might pick it up. The only other title there that actually appeals to me is Project Spark but I don't have a One.

November, on the other hand, is looking totally sweet though.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Seth Carter said:
Shadows of Mordor (yes yes, technically september)..
This is what I will be playing in October too.

I suppose out of the ones given I most like the look of Alien Isolation, I watched PewDiePie play it for about 10 mins and it was looking pretty good.

I might get that sometime in the future if no horror stories show up. like the last one.