Friday Box-Office: Gone Girl and Annabelle Open Strong

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Friday Box-Office: Gone Girl and Annabelle Open Strong

Missing wives, killer toys rule the first moviegoing weekend of October

A Conjuring-inspired chiller and a bestseller-based thriller are the projected box-office winners for the first October weekend at the movies.

hotly-anticipated [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137796-Escape-to-the-Movies-Gone-Girl-Fantastically-Suspenseful-Thiller] film that many had projected as the first major Oscar contender of the season.

Also opening to strong number was Annabelle, a horror film that tells the origins of a demon-possessed doll from last year's haunted house hit The Conjuring. Analysts are predicting an opening weekend take in excess of $30 million, though horror releases tend to have notoriously short theatrical legs. The film will potentially face significant competition for the horror audience when Dracula Untold debuts next week. Source: Box...agazine.com/movies-and-tv/] [B]Permalink[/B]

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Wait that demon doll had any relevance in The Conjuring? I thought it was just dropped out of the film twenty minutes in and then we get to see it towards the end for a bit. Well I suppose I should look into this spin off film, might be good for a chuckle like The Conjuring was, maybe even give a scare which The Conjuring didn't.

Still good for Gone Girl, unless it isn't as good as it is interesting.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Damn... I really want to see Gone Girl, but the theater in my area sometimes get films late if it isn't something like Guardians or TMNT. Instead, they decided No Good Deed was the film worth showing instead.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Can't wait to go see Annabelle tomorrow!! I was quite taken by the Conjuring last year, I hope this is just as fun a ride.