"The Balloonman" Proves Gotham Can Tell Its Own Stories

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
"The Balloonman" Proves Gotham Can Tell Its Own Stories

?The Balloonman? introduces Gotham to vigilantism and is the series? most promising episode yet.

Read Full Article

Jan 12, 2012
I like Montoya and Allen crossing lines and stories; it feels much better to have them investigating and poking around at the edges of everything than it does to have Gordon do it. With luck, between them and Bruce watching events on TV we can have a semblance of overarching plot without accelerating into Batboy territory.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Thunderous Cacophony said:
I like Montoya and Allen crossing lines and stories; it feels much better to have them investigating and poking around at the edges of everything than it does to have Gordon do it.
That would be true, if Allen and Montoya didn't believe everything any random crime boss told them without even trying to find actual evidence to back it up. I get the vibe of a scorned lover lashing out against her ex's new beau off Montoya than anything else.

OT: One thing I noticed with the second victim, that police lieutenant, he has a gun in it's holster just begging to be used as he's floating away screaming. How stupid can somebody get?

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
immortalfrieza said:
Thunderous Cacophony said:
I like Montoya and Allen crossing lines and stories; it feels much better to have them investigating and poking around at the edges of everything than it does to have Gordon do it.
That would be true, if Allen and Montoya didn't believe everything any random crime boss told them without even trying to find actual evidence to back it up. I get the vibe of a scorned lover lashing out against her ex's new beau off Montoya than anything else.

OT: One thing I noticed with the second victim, that police lieutenant, he has a gun in it's holster just begging to be used as he's floating away screaming. How stupid can somebody get?
Forget the gun holster, you'd think that after he realized what was happening he'd have grabbed the damn cart filled with bricks within arm's reach, even more confusing was Gordon not grabbing the winch later in the episode to pull Lamonte back to earth instead of grabbing onto his legs. Though I do like that Bullock shows he doesn't just look out for himself all the time. Looking forward to how they decide to develop this Harvey, especially since I really like Donal Logue.

Overall though, I'm holding out hope that they don't go the Batboy route with Bruce, half of me because I like the relatively recent origin of Bruce disappearing off the face of the earth for like ten years and coming back knowing his "wtfhowdoesthatevenwork-fu", and the other half because they promised this show wasn't going to have Batman involved until maybe the finale season/episode if it went on that long.

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
I'm sorry, I can't do it.

There's no way, no how, that you can convince me that 'death by balloon' isn't warranted by a lengthy bellow of laughter and expect me to take it seriously.

I'm under the impression I'm supposed to take it seriously since the look and feel of the show feels a lot similar to Burton/Nolan's Batman.