5 Scary Alien Movies That Make Guys Cry

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
5 Scary Alien Movies That Make Guys Cry

Alien movies may be "manly," but that doesn't mean they can't make even the manliest of us cry.

Read Full Article

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Did Stephen Hawking really say that? Huh...

Also, Transformers wasn't so scary for the Decepticons killing Optimus, as for everyone else that died horribly in that movie...Optimus was just the only one they spent much time on.

Also, dropping a conveyor belt full of screaming people into the acid pit to dissolve...dark...

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Not exactly that, but he is quite cautious about the possibility of meeting advanced alien life.

Glad you included Europa Report on the list. Too bad you spoiled it so badly though. The ending really is great. I think the reason I so thoroughly enjoyed that movie is because going in I knew next to nothing about it.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Avaholic03 said:
thaluikhain said:
Not exactly that, but he is quite cautious about the possibility of meeting advanced alien life.

Glad you included Europa Report on the list. Too bad you spoiled it so badly though. The ending really is great. I think the reason I so thoroughly enjoyed that movie is because going in I knew next to nothing about it.
I think even knowing the plot it's still worth a viewing. Besides, it was either that or leave it off the list, and it's too good not to mention.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Firefilm said:
Avaholic03 said:
thaluikhain said:

I think even knowing the plot it's still worth a viewing. Besides, it was either that or leave it off the list, and it's too good not to mention.
Oh, I agree it's definitely worthy of the list. I just would have left out some of the details. I mean, just being on an "alien movie" list kind of spoils it to some degree, but if you didn't know what kind of alien you were dealing with, you still get the chills at the end. "Space-squids", while accurate (and a pretty sweet band name), kind of diminishes the tension of the actual discovery in the film.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Avaholic03 said:
Firefilm said:
Avaholic03 said:
thaluikhain said:

Oh, I agree it's definitely worthy of the list. I just would have left out some of the details. I mean, just being on an "alien movie" list kind of spoils it to some degree, but if you didn't know what kind of alien you were dealing with, you still get the chills at the end. "Space-squids", while accurate (and a pretty sweet band name), kind of diminishes the tension of the actual discovery in the film.
what can I say, you're right. Next time I'll figure out a way to dance around the reveal without giving it away.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Hmm. You know, Dan...you're right. I really DO need to go rewatch The Abyss.

Easily one of my favorite James Cameron films. Though, the Directors Cut is vastly superior to the theatrical cut.

I mean, hell...the ending actually makes sense in the director's cut! Plus tidal waves!

Yep. Time to go pop the disc in and watch.

Good list, by the way.