Horns with Daniel Radcliffe Is Beautifully Strange

harpere

May 20, 2014
Horns with Daniel Radcliffe Is Beautifully Strange

So long as you don't go to the theater expecting Harry Potter, Horns is a great horror flick.

Read Full Article

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
Sounds interesting - the basic premise reminds me slightly of the Mervyn Peake book "Mr Pye". And the word 'nuanced' in conjunction with Daniel Radcliffe is also a pleasant surprise!

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Looks cool enough, although I hoped they would make some twist with Temple's character, as that trope, beyond just being stale, seems rather underwhelming considering the outlandishness of the rest of this film.

On another note, it'll be interesting to see how many parents take their kids to see this movie, thinking it's going to be another Harry Potter. Also amusing to ponder whether it'll be scared kids or scared parents running out of the film, haha!

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
I'm in, just because fantasy horror is my shit. Also, I love me some Dan Rad.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
o_O

Well that was unexpected. And it's _sooo_ close to Preacher in tone. (what ever happened to the Seth Rogan take on that - still under development?)

Still, I can dig this.

Jan 12, 2012
I remember liking the book, and being bummed that the film wasn't playing nearby.

As for Merrin, I'd be interested to see the movie to compare her character there to the book. In there, the story was told from Ig's POV, and after a while you could see the pedestal he had put her on, and his frantic work to keep her up there despite her very human flaws.
It's one of the things that led to their relationship trouble, which led directly to her death.
It's always interesting to see a first-person work adapted for movies, which inherently gives the audience a bit of omniscient distance.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
Hmmm.. from the trailer I didn't know about him being able to give people suggestions, or him later embracing his new dark side. This movie just got a lot more interesting to me.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
Sounds like a really interesting, unique flick - especially since I'm not at all offended by or even remotely sensitive to the "trope" identified by the reviewer.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
I'm not going to spoil it but a word on Daniel Radcliffe

bless you Dan, but I really can't take you serious when you're trying to
1: Do an American accent
2: try and act tough with the swearing and the smoking... you look like a fifteen year old trying to be cool