Civ: Beyond Earth 25% Off Before Friday's Release

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
Civ: Beyond Earth 25% Off Before Friday's Release

MLB 14: The Show (PS4) - $29.99 at Best Buy.
List is $40. Deal expires October 25.
<br clear=all>

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from every Tuesday [http://www.dealzon.com] at 5:30PM Eastern for the latest deals. Feedback? Let us know in the comments!

the7ofswords

Apr 9, 2009
Wow. That really makes me feel like a chump for having pre-ordered Civilization: Beyond Earth weeks ago on Steam.

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
the7ofswords said:
Wow. That really makes me feel like a chump for having pre-ordered Civilization: Beyond Earth weeks ago on Steam.
Honestly with the plethora of authorized digital retailers out there, there's little reason to buy stuff (not on sale) at the Steam Store. NBD though, think positive? At least you didn't have to create another account at another store and furnishing your credit card to another retailer?

That's usually how I think about it when I miss out on a deal of sorts.

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
FYI update to Civ Beyond Earth deals above..

DLGamer is now 18% vs 22% off, so that'll make it $40.99

Also, the GMG VIP deal doesn't work in Oceanic so AU/NZ gets shafted in wacky regional pricing.

AU/NZ can look at the other alternative retailers listed above. Word is that 2game's deal works in AU/NZ without an issue (but we'll get confirmation).

the7ofswords

Apr 9, 2009
dealzon said:
the7ofswords said:
Honestly with the plethora of authorized digital retailers out there, there's little reason to buy stuff (not on sale) at the Steam Store. NBD though, think positive? At least you didn't have to create another account at another store and furnishing your credit card to another retailer?

That's usually how I think about it when I miss out on a deal of sorts.
Well, it's extremely rare that I ever pre-order anything, but the Civ series has a great track record (I've been enjoying them since Civ II on System 7), and knew I'd be buying it anyway, so why not get the pre-order DLC bonus?

Totally agree about not having to give yet another on-line retailer all of my personals. I'd generally rather stick to Steam as much as possible. And ultimately, I paid, what? $10 extra? It's not like that's going to bankrupt me or anything?that's what my wife and kids are for! ^_^

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
the7ofswords said:
Well, it's extremely rare that I ever pre-order anything, but the Civ series has a great track record (I've been enjoying them since Civ II on System 7), and knew I'd be buying it anyway, so why not get the pre-order DLC bonus?
Same here; I rarely pre-order anything but I enjoyed Civ V and its expansions so much I didn't see any reason not to buy it right away- it didn't even occur to me to wait to see if anyone else would be offering it for less before it even releases. It does seem less than fair to the most ardent fans who were most likely to not wait until two days before release to buy the game. Oh well, at least it helped convince my friends to pick it up so I'll have more people to play with.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
That was the tipping point for me. A new Civ game(in all but name) for less than 40 bucks that seems to have the depth of Civ 5 plus expansions at launch? Please, have this money.

Ritchian

Wait, what?
Jul 29, 2009
Annnnd ordered. I am now quite happy I've put off buying this until now. Saved some money on a game that I have no doubt I shall be putting many hours into.

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
the7ofswords said:
i did to but i got the 25% off and the free dlc. theres been a permanenet 25% saving on steam since the pre order went up , im in europe (UK) did other regions actually get screwed worse than us ,other than Aus obviously ;)