5 Child Actor Movies That Make Guys Cry

Firefilm

May 27, 2011

These movies may be kid-centric, but they pack an adult-sized emotional punch.

Read Full Article

Crash_7

May 3, 2014
I'll add To Kill A Mockingbird. Scout is the storyteller, she and the other child actors are wonderful in it, and it always makes me cry.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Artax dying, yes, though I'd also add when the Rockbiter says the thing about "good strong hands". And various other bits of that film.

Snow White and the Huntsman ripped of Artax dying, but did a terrible job of it. I remember saying out loud "Artax is going to drown" in a joking way in advance, and then it happened.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Firefilm said:

These movies may be kid-centric, but they pack an adult-sized emotional punch.

Read Full Article
Hey! HEY! Thats Corey "Donatello" Feldman to you buster. He deserves recognition for that.

JoJo CircusBoy

Oct 22, 2014
Seriously, when Atreyu had to leave Artax in the mud was emotionally devastating for me as a kid.

Never Ending Story could also be included in a list of movies for kids that were genuinely scary. The wolf in the cave when Atreyu sees the events of the film, and then himself looking into the cave with a monster in it... good lord!

KaZuYa

Mar 23, 2013
How can you not have Leon on your list and it should be at #1, Natalie Portman was utterly heart wrenching and brilliant in that film, that scene where she has to walk past the cops and seeing her murdered baby brother knowing if she even slightly reacted she would be killed, then the look of utter despair when she's at Leon's door and the look of relief when he does eventually open it is the most breathing taking emotional acting I've seen and she was only 13 at the time.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
KaZuYa said:
How can you not have Leon on your list and it should be at #1, Natalie Portman was utterly heart wrenching and brilliant in that film, that scene where she has to walk past the cops and seeing her murdered baby brother knowing if she even slightly reacted she would be killed, then the look of utter despair when she's at Leon's door and the look of relief when he does eventually open it is the most breathing taking emotional acting I've seen and she was only 13 at the time.
Yeah, I came to say that movie and Terminator 2 (Edward Furlong) could both have easily made this list.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Flight of the Navigator, come on! The boy is transported into a future where he went missing and his family lost all hope of finding him. That makes it all the more potent when he finally reunites with them, realizing they really do care and preventing that terrible future he had witnessed. Oh and there's only one of the most awesome flying saucers ever!

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
I can't really agree to any of those. I saw Hellraiser when I was 9; that may have something to do with it ....

I guess I only cry to girly stuff, like Lost and Delirious ;)