See the Content Returning Grand Theft Auto V Players Get on Current-Gen

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
See the Content Returning Grand Theft Auto V Players Get on Current-Gen

People who played Grand Theft Auto V on Xbox 360 or PS3 who return to the game on PC, PS4, or Xbox One get exclusive vehicles and a new mission.

Grand Theft Auto V players who own the game on Xbox 360 or PS3 and buy the Xbox One, PS4, or PC version will receive some exclusive content, Rockstar Games announced. Returning players will gain access to special vehicles, weapons, events, and a new mission.

New events allow players to obtain the Dodo seaplane and the Imponte Duke o' Death vehicle. Participating in stock car races unlocks custom muscle cars. Other vehicles returning players can use include a blimp and a Cheval Marshall monster truck. Rockstar states classic Grand Theft Auto vehicles are on the way as well.

Rockstar also stated returning players will obtain two weapons: the rail gun, which has shooting range challenges, and the hatchet.

Other than the vehicles and weapons, returning players will become caught up in a murder mystery as Michael and photograph new animal species as Franklin. Completing the former unlocks two noir style filters for photos. The latter unlocks the Kraken Sub. Additionally, players who photograph monkey silhouette street art unlock monkey outfits and a Go Go Monkey Blista. The monkey outfits are available to all players, returning or not.

[gallery=3420]

Grand Theft Auto V first launched on the Xbox 360 and PS3 in September 2013. People who purchased the PS3 or Xbox 360 special or collector's edition last year with exclusive content can still access that content on the Xbox One, PS4, and PC. New players can use in-game cash to purchase the content on current-generation consoles. Furthermore, Grand Theft Auto Online character progress and created jobs will also transfer over to new systems. However, players should note they can only transfer characters over once. Players can still play with their characters on the PS3 or Xbox 360 after transferring them to PC, PS4, or Xbox One, but the progress will not be shared among systems.

The new versions of Grand Theft Auto V launch November 18 for PS4 and Xbox One and January 27, 2015, on PC.

Source: Rockstar Games [http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52337/details-on-exclusive-content-for-returning-gtav-players-on]

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
Oh, this...this is nice. Very nice. I haven't checked recently, but I hope they made/will make the Jheri Curl available so I can return with a proper-looking Jules Winnfield. Then me my friend (playing the part of Vincent Vega of course) can go around collecting bounties in style!

Would've happened regardless, as I fully intended on getting it for PC, but it's nice to know that my progress will transfer over.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I like how all the screenshots in this article keep the native console resolution.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
synobal said:
I like how all the screenshots in this article keep the native console resolution.
Well didn't you hear? People really don't care [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138252-Far-Cry-4-Dev-Dismisses-1080p-Debate-Claims-No-one-Really-Cares] about resolution!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Quick question though: is it going to be like Reaper of Souls in that it didn't matter which system you played Diablo III on last-gen, you could still bring it to whatever console you went with for the current gen? Or will you only be able to transfer a GTA account from a 360 to an XBox One or a PS3 to a PS4?

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Wondering, if anyone knows. If I have a profile on PS3, can I import it to the Xbox One? Same goes for 360 to PS4.

Edit - seems you can. Sucks for me to be honest. I bought the collectors edition on Xbox, but my good GTA Online save is on PS3. I hope you can redownload the collector stuff from one console and GTA Online stuff from another,

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"New events allow players to obtain the Dodo seaplane and the Imponte Duke o' Death vehicle. Participating in stock car races unlocks custom muscle cars. Other vehicles returning players can use include a blimp and a Cheval Marshall monster truck."

Yes, because of course you should give those only to people who paid TWICE. Instead of, you know, just the one time!

CAPTCHA: "pipe dream" XD

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Wouldn't a discount on the price of the game be a better option? Because this is making me feel like a second class citizen. Just because I didn't get it on a console and instead I waited for the PC version doesn't mean I shouldn't have all the content. If I can't have access to the full content I don't want the game. It's that simple.

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
Creator002 said:
Wondering, if anyone knows. If I have a profile on PS3, can I import it to the Xbox One? Same goes for 360 to PS4.

Edit - seems you can. Sucks for me to be honest. I bought the collectors edition on Xbox, but my good GTA Online save is on PS3. I hope you can redownload the collector stuff from one console and GTA Online stuff from another,
I heard that most of the Special/Collector's stuff for single player will be made available for purchase in game, which means I can finally rock those weapons.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Adam Jensen said:
Wouldn't a discount on the price of the game be a better option? Because this is making me feel like a second class citizen. Just because I didn't get it on a console and instead I waited for the PC version doesn't mean I shouldn't have all the content. If I can't have access to the full content I don't want the game. It's that simple.
If you want it, buy it, if you don't, don't. It's that simple.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Oh that's nice, look at all the shiny shiny things I get for paying Rockstar twice for their game.

- Stable online functions
- Removal or fix of the cheaters
- Better reporting of players abusing glitches and bugs
- A fucking mute function in the lobby screen (A feature I still find hard to believe that they haven't fucking fixed)
- Better, fuck that, a match making system that actually works
- Game and lobby migration system that works (i.e everyone who is in the lobby at the end of a mission that vote to move to or replay the mission all end up in the same lobby instead of getting spit up)
- Better connection settings, if 16 players start a deathmatch and 2 fail to join would we rather be left waiting at a loading screen for five minutes or would be prefer for the game to start and the slow connection folk get added to the match during?
- How about team balancing, of any god damn sort. I am amazed that lobbies for death matches can be started with un even players numbers and that the game still allows players to jump team before the game starts.
- Deathmatchs fixed so that skill and ability play a bigger roll than who happens to have the best ping
- Races fixed (or at least make catch up OFF as the default setting.)
- HEISTS my god will they ever get these to us, how about in stead of rewarding players stupid enough to buy your game twice with shiny trinkets you instead give the players who already bought your game one of the much anticipated features you god damn promised us prior to launch?)

and that's just the things that I can think of.

So instead of me giving you another £50 and you giving me flashy shite how about I gave you £45 and you give me the stuff you promised before the game came out?

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
While the idea of not having to pay an extra 10 bucks a month to use my own bloody internet appeals to me, this still kinda feels like a rip-off.

1. It's the same game.
2. The things that were already promised haven't been delivered on yet.
3. $60? I pay that for premium/season passes. You're giving me a blimp? Get fucked.
4. So the people who originally bought the game on last gen and don't want to get it again are going to miss out on a bunch of stuff? Are you serious?

This is just dirty in so many ways...

NiPah

May 8, 2009
Creator002 said:

From the FAQ:
What about the exclusive in-game content I originally received for purchasing the PS3 or Xbox 360 Special Edition or Collectors Edition last year? Will I be able to access that content on PS4, Xbox One or PC?
Yes, if you purchased the Special Edition or the Collector?s Edition last year, when you upgrade to one of the new systems, you will automatically have those items unlocked and accessible. Those in-game bonuses include the Stunt Plane Trials, Bonus Outfits and Tattoos, and the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer all for Story Mode use; as well as the Custom Classic GTA Parent Characters and the high-end Khamelion electric car for GTA Online. Furthermore, if you missed out on your chance to buy a CE or SE the last time around, we will also make all of that content available for all players on PS4, Xbox One and PC to earn and acquire with in-game cash(original SE and CE owners will not have to spend any in-game cash to obtain them, they will automatically be accessible upon upgrade).
So it seems like it won't be a major issue if you just stick with your better save and eat the cost, it shouldn't be too costly.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
At the very least, you should get a percentage off the next-gen copy price if you bought the previous copy.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
NiPah said:
From the FAQ:
What about the exclusive in-game content I originally received for purchasing the PS3 or Xbox 360 Special Edition or Collectors Edition last year? Will I be able to access that content on PS4, Xbox One or PC?
Yes, if you purchased the Special Edition or the Collector?s Edition last year, when you upgrade to one of the new systems, you will automatically have those items unlocked and accessible. Those in-game bonuses include the Stunt Plane Trials, Bonus Outfits and Tattoos, and the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer all for Story Mode use; as well as the Custom Classic GTA Parent Characters and the high-end Khamelion electric car for GTA Online. Furthermore, if you missed out on your chance to buy a CE or SE the last time around, we will also make all of that content available for all players on PS4, Xbox One and PC to earn and acquire with in-game cash(original SE and CE owners will not have to spend any in-game cash to obtain them, they will automatically be accessible upon upgrade).
So it seems like it won't be a major issue if you just stick with your better save and eat the cost, it shouldn't be too costly.
That sounds alright. At least I don't have to spend any real money on the stuff I originally got. The cash you get from finishing the story is more than enough to buy whatever I want.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
MinionJoe said:
smithy_2045 said:
ron1n said:
At the very least, you should get a percentage off the next-gen copy price if you bought the previous copy.
Why?
To retain customers and sell more consoles. You couldn't think of those reasons?
Neither of those result in Rockstar getting a better deal out of that, especially not the selling consoles part which is completely irrelevant to them.