The Escapist Crossword #1

Myles Mellor

Jan 30, 2009

Put your brain to to the test with this week's Escapist Crossword. Hmmm...what's an 8-letter word for "brilliant"?

Read Full Article

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Lukeje said:
So there aren't any badges for finishing it? For shame.
Maybe in the future, if people like them. For now it's just an experiment :p

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Virgil said:
Lukeje said:
So there aren't any badges for finishing it? For shame.
Maybe in the future, if people like them. For now it's just an experiment :p
It was fun, it's just there were a few 'America oriented' clues that I had to google (which is standard for an American based gaming website I suppose).

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
I don't know why, but when I click on the link my Internet window stops responding.
Is anyone else having this problem? Or, does anyone know how to fix it?

Varchld

is drunk and disorderly.
Nov 8, 2008
Good crossword. Had to look up a few answers but at least some of it wasn't easy.

10 Across I can only guess at though.

3 Small suggestions.

I clicked a link and it went away from the page and I went back and had to start over...twice.
It would be good if it could save what you've typed after each word or something.

Have it only bring up the completed message when all the letters input are correct.

and there was something else but I can't remember what ><

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Myles Mellor said:

Put your brain to to the test with this week's Escapist Crossword. Hmmm...what's an 8-letter word for "brilliant"?

Read Full Article
Will you be giving us the answers eventually? Would be nice :)

Aperama

Oct 19, 2008
14 and 10 across was guesswork, here, and.. well, it doesn't tell you whether you were right! That's kinda disappointing. :) Still, all in good fun. Another reason for me to be awake at 3 in the morning.

TheBlueRabbit

Ballistic Comedian
Jan 9, 2009
Lots of fun. Thanks.
Aperama said:
and.. well, it doesn't tell you whether you were right! That's kinda disappointing. :) Still, all in good fun. Another reason for me to be awake at 3 in the morning.
When you finish the puzzle, if everything's right, you'll get a popup telling you.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Sennz0r said:
Will you be giving us the answers eventually? Would be nice :)
We'll post the answers to this week's puzzle when we put up next week's puzzle. (Assuming you guys want a puzzle next week, that is.)

Keep the feedback and suggestions coming - your comments are a big help in letting us know what needs tweaking.

Peace Frog

May 31, 2008
TheBlueRabbit said:
Lots of fun. Thanks.
Aperama said:
and.. well, it doesn't tell you whether you were right! That's kinda disappointing. :) Still, all in good fun. Another reason for me to be awake at 3 in the morning.
When you finish the puzzle, if everything's right, you'll get a popup telling you.
No, I just filled the last few in with random letters and it said "congratulations" to me :]

ila

Jul 29, 2008
Not sure if this is in the cards or previously mentioned, but a printable version would be nice.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
A downloadable version would be nice.

EDIT: Printable (as stated above) would also be good but it would give a mess with all the correcting I think.

Either way people could check back what their entries were and if they got it right.

Feb 13, 2008
11 Across has too few letters, I can't fit my name in. ;)

32 minutes as time to beat :)

Gotta say that's the largest amount of X's I've ever seen in a puzzle.

9of9

Feb 14, 2008
Nice, but rather too American-centric for the Escapist, isn't it?

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
It was good, but some of those were nigh on unknowable without a googling for me.