Loki Will Be in Avengers: Age of Ultron

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Loki Will Be in Avengers: Age of Ultron

Actor Idris Elba has revealed that his character Heimdall as well as Tom Hiddleston's Loki will both be in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Sometimes reveals come in big ways. Last week's <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/marvel>Marvel <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138262-Marvel-Studios-Phase-3-Plans-Revealed>phase 3 film announcements, for instance, is probably as good an example as you're going to get of a huge, impressive unveiling. Most reveals though, tend to be a bit smaller in scale. Case in point, actor Idris Elba (The Wire, Thor, Pacific Rim) recently let it slip that certain Marvel characters of the Asgardian persuasion will be making an appearance in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Speaking in <a href=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/11195704/Idris-Elba-interview-Marvel-movies-are-torture.html>a recent interview, Elba stated that <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109754-Black-Thor-Actor-Talks-About-Racist-Comic-Book-Fans>his character Heimdall will be "in Avengers." Elaborating further, he related a story to his interviewer where he, at one point, stated that he was "doing a scene with Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston." Hemsworth, of course, plays Thor, who we all knew from trailers (and the fact that he's one of the Avengers) would be in the movie. The presence of Hiddleston however, is interesting as this is the first we've heard that he'll be in Age of Ultron

(Spoilers ahead!)

Hiddleston, of course, plays Thor's brother and fan favorite Loki. Loki served as the chief villain in the first Thor and The Avengers. He then faked his death in Thor: The Dark World and ended the film by taking on the guise of his adopted father Odin, the king of Asgard. One of the big questions left by that film, in turn, is what happened to Odin and when Loki's secret would be revealed. While there's obviously no telling at this point what Loki's presence in the next Avengers will mean, we can't help but wonder if this news means that Age of Ultron will be taking detours into Asgard. We've reached out to Marvel to see if we can procure any additional information.

Source: <a href=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/11195704/Idris-Elba-interview-Marvel-movies-are-torture.html>Telegraph

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That doesn't suprised me since thank to that leak, Cap or Tony mention about Thor going AWOL. Maybe it has something to do with Loki?

vid87

May 17, 2010
I'm really liking how even now, less than a year until the film's release, we're starting to get more info that's taking what seemed like a pretty straightforward robot brawl and making it mysterious. Why Asgard? Why Claw? Why is Ant-Man the Phase 2 closer instead of this?

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I wonder if they're only in it as the famous "end of credits" scene. Could be the build up to Thor 3 and Loki's unleashing of Ragnarok.

After which Thor and Lady Sif become L'cie and have to travel from Asgard to Gran Pulse in order to.........maybe not :3

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I really hope it's just a credits scene to tease future events. Between the robots, "miracle" twins, HYDRA, and lead up to the Civil War, there's already a lot of stuff to pack into one movie.

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
First saw this on IMDb. People on the Hiddleston boards are freaking out and the main question is - how fired is Idris Elba? Or did he get the green light to leak this from Marvel?

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Random Argument Man said:
Ragnarok is a cyborg clone of Thor?Ultron is a robot?.

I'm sensing that there's a link to a story here...
Ragnarok is built by the pro-registration side in the civil war, when Thor was temporarily dead.

Does the Civil War film come out before Thor: Ragnarok? I cant remember.

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
Genocidicles said:

Ragnarok is built by the pro-registration side in the civil war, when Thor was temporarily dead.

Does the Civil War film come out before Thor: Ragnarok? I cant remember.
If I remember correctly Cap 3 will be before Thor 3, don't quote me on that though

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010
Anybody else get the feeling that the next Avengers film is going to be a bit too packed? It seems like they're throwing everything they have into it.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009

I am hoping "Thor 3: Ragnarok" will be about Ragnarok the event, not Ragnarok the character. Considering Loki is instrumental into that, my hopes are high...

Thor fighting the Midgard Serpent to prevent the end of the world (while destined to die in the battle), sounds a lot more interesting than Thor fighting Dark Thor.