Sunset Overdrive

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Man, I could really go for some of that sweet, energizing
Code:
[b][color=skyblue]Over[/color][color=orange]Charge[/color][/b]
to replenish my electrolytes and help...think good at...stuff.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Well, I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl tomorrow. Scared to spend any money on games at the moment seeing as the last couple, while good, have failed to keep me overly entertained for longer than a few hours.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I don't think there's enough burn cream there for that.

Diablo1099 said:
...But No Doritos?
Guess COD must have made that exclusive to their series :I
Actually, the soft drink in the game is a slurry of Mountain Dew and Doritos. The Nacho Cheese helps give it that vivid orange colour.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
I don't think there's enough burn cream there for that.

Diablo1099 said:
...But No Doritos?
Actually, the soft drink in the game is a slurry of Mountain Dew and Doritos. The Nacho Cheese helps give it that vivid orange colour.
Oh, Really? I thought it was just a Club Orange rip off ^^;

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Video game related burn montage!
[Plays Japanese Pop music]

I hope Microsoft has burn heal.
They'll need to roll a six to get rid of that burn.
They need a spell to get rid of that status effect.
Someone cast Cone of Cold on that burn.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Mindless zombies from a soda, hmmm....

~ Brawndo's got what plants crave.

~ Yeah, it's got electrolytes.

~ What are electrolytes? Do you even know?

~ It's what they use to make Brawndo.

~ Yeah, but why do they use them to make Brawndo?

~ 'Cause Brawndo's got electrolytes.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Oh the Idiocrasy and Brawndo jokes to be had

that said, BURRRRRRRRN, you need some dry ice on that Microsoft?

on a more serious note, I'm glad that people like the game and that it's a nice bright colorful wacky game.

Shame it's not on PC, I would probably pick it up.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Diablo1099 said:
...But No Doritos?
Oooooh, developers missed amazing reasoning behind mutants
Basically, soda alone does nothing to people
And snacks doesn't either.
BUT together...

bdeamon

Mar 20, 2013
Maybe I should cool down on drinking all this mountain dew, using the kinect, and eating these brains.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
I actually don't like it that much. The humour reminds me of the Deadpool game and I didn't particularly enjoy that brand of humour either and the combat doesn't really have much weight to it I feel. I haven't got too far in, but first impressions aren't good.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
MiskWisk said:
I actually don't like it that much. The humour reminds me of the Deadpool game and I didn't particularly enjoy that brand of humour either and the combat doesn't really have much weight to it I feel. I haven't got too far in, but first impressions aren't good.
It is too wacky if you ask me. When absolutely everything in your game is colourful and fun and over the top, for the sake of being over the top instead of just being funny. It is neither over the top nor funny. It is just apathic and boring.

It is just as bland as a brown shooter. (I've only played two or so hours, I might be wrong, but first impressions.)

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
Ah. Console war jokes. You're slumming it either way. I'd rather slum it on a console with games. Pass me the Overcharge.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Roofstone said:
MiskWisk said:
It is too wacky if you ask me. When absolutely everything in your game is colourful and fun and over the top, for the sake of being over the top instead of just being funny. It is neither over the top nor funny. It is just apathic and boring.

It is just as bland as a brown shooter. (I've only played two or so hours, I might be wrong, but first impressions.)
I'll take bright and colorful and wacky over drab, gray, brown dullness any day of the week. Bonus for Sunset Overdrive: their ads show actual footage from playing the game. Might want to pass CoD some of that ointment for the BURN!