Play Dragon Age: Inquisition Early... If You're in EA Access

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Play Dragon Age: Inquisition Early... If You're in EA Access

Xbox One users with EA Access memberships will be able to play a six-hour trial of Dragon Age: Inquisition five days before the launch date.

Five days ahead of its release date, EA Access [http://escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/dragon%20age%20inquisition] members on November 13, EA announced.

The trial includes multiplayer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137741-BioWare-Presents-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Character-Creator]. The progress made in the trial will carry over to the full game. EA hints members who participate in the trial will explore the Hinterlands where the mages and templars are fighting.

EA Access is EA Access did not represent a good value for PlayStation customers. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136509-EA-Access-is-the-Publishers-New-Subscription-Service-for-Xbox-One] EA Access costs $4.99 a month or $29.99 a year and includes a 10% discount on EA digital download purchases. The subscription service launched in August, when members were able to start playing catalog titles in the Vault.

EA Access allows members to play a limited trial five days before the release of other new games, so this isn't limited to Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Dragon Age: Inquisition launches in North America on November 18, in Australia on November 20, and in Europe on November 21 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Source: EA [http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/news.html]

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Sorry, but after Dragon Age 2, I'm not paying for a service to try out a game following that disappointment. They'd have to pay ME to try it out.

It could be GREAT, it could be TERRIBLE, but this is definitely a case of "I'm going to wait for the reviews and the player feedback to hit" before I even think of buying the game.

Which is still very odd considering how Bioware games used to be no-brained pre-orders. A few stumbles will do that, I guess.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Trishbot said:
Sorry, but after Dragon Age 2, I'm not paying for a service to try out a game following that disappointment. They'd have to pay ME to try it out.

It could be GREAT, it could be TERRIBLE, but this is definitely a case of "I'm going to wait for the reviews and the player feedback to hit" before I even think of buying the game.

Which is still very odd considering how Bioware games used to be no-brained pre-orders. A few stumbles will do that, I guess.
dont get ea access for the early trial, get it because its a crazy good deal. Best deal in console gaming eight now actually. I pay by the month, but I'll be switching to yearly once I start this new job, but for 5 a month, I have complete access to 6 Xbox one games. 6 New and Good Xbox one games.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Really?
And the PC and PS4 users get zilch?!
That is quite ... bad. Not good at all.

I really hate that some things are not equal.
Especially this. (Although I will call bullshit on myself. Especially when the PS4 gets it's own exclusives.)

"Dragon Age: Inquisition launches in North America on November 18, in Australia on November 20, and in Europe on November 21"

I got a question. Why does Australia and Europe get it later?
It makes no sense. Besides, I don't want to be spoiled damn it!

kael013

Jun 12, 2010
StormShaun said:
I got a question. Why does Australia and Europe get it later?
It makes no sense. Besides, I don't want to be spoiled damn it!
I think it's because different regions have different commercially viable release dates. Big AAA titles have always been released in the US on Tuesdays (which Nov 18 is), while for Europe the day is different. It's like how major blockbuster movies open in theaters on Fridays; it's just how the industry does things cause [i/]moar moneyz[/i].

As for why weekdays, I have no idea.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
StormShaun said:
Really?
And the PC and PS4 users get zilch?!
That is quite ... bad. Not good at all.
EA offered it to Sony, but Sony said "it wasn't a good deal for their players" which always read to me "we don't want competition for our services".

schtingah

Jun 1, 2011
I was really hoping to get a demo on the PC, like they did for all their previous games, just so I could check if it ran on my fairly old PC.

Now I'll have to find a different way around this problem, I guess.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
It's strange, but clicking "comments" from the front page leads to an "Access Forbidden". It only happens on this article. Maybe fate doesn't want me to comment on DLC Quest: Fantasy Iteration 3

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
schtingah said:
I was really hoping to get a demo on the PC, like they did for all their previous games, just so I could check if it ran on my fairly old PC.

Now I'll have to find a different way around this problem, I guess.
Well technically there are demos for the PC from EA, if you buy the game through Origin only you can return the game for a full refund if you return it within a week or buying it or 24 hours of first launching it.

PirateRose

Aug 13, 2008
Well, I'm not spending $350, to spend $4.99 a month or $29.99 a year, to just play a 6 hour demo Bioware has said several times was not being made(at least public anyways), for a game that'll be out in two weeks that is $60-$170 that all I am really looking forward in is playing a female qunari.

If I were a bigger fan and were filthy rich, maybe. They are really trying to drain a fanbase that is extremely critical after DA2 and ME3. I loved DA2 mind you, but after ME3, I just want the base game at this time and nothing more.

edit: BTW, did you see that special edition leather game guide with leather book marks that was about $100. Crazy

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Sanunes said:
EA offered it to Sony, but Sony said "it wasn't a good deal for their players" which always read to me "we don't want competition for our services".
Ah, really?
Hmm, seems a shame.

Although in truth, what has happened to demos these day?

kael013 said:
I think it's because different regions have different commercially viable release dates. Big AAA titles have always been released in the US on Tuesdays (which Nov 18 is), while for Europe the day is different. It's like how major blockbuster movies open in theaters on Fridays; it's just how the industry does things cause [i/]moar moneyz[/i].

As for why weekdays, I have no idea.
It's just painful somtimes, because a lot of us have work and exams at this time of the yea.r :p