Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Slated for February 2015 Release

Brittany Vincent

Pfhor the win!
Oct 1, 2014
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Slated for February 2015 Release

Kirby fans can enjoy this extremely colorful platformer as early as February of next year.

Today's Kirby and the Rainbow Curse [http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-05-2014/] hitting store shelves.

The multi-hued platformer has been granted a February 2015 launch window, and while Nintendo didn't release a new trailer or additional assets for us to drool over, viewers of tonight's Nintendo Direct did learn that the game is set to offer multiplayer for up to four players.

The core gameplay will remain the same in multiplayer, where Kirby navigates a vibrant land of claymation-styled environments and enemies as players guide him along via stylus. Three other players will aid Kirby on his quest by taking up the mantle of Waddle Dees, King Dedede's minions, who can collect items or carry Kirby on their backs.

The Wii U Game Pad will be incorporated for all parts of the main campaign as well, with players drawing platforms on the touch pad to get Kirby where he needs to go. This is similar in part to Kirby's Canvas Curse, which released back on the original DS in 2005. Hopefully Kirby and the Rainbow Curse will update on those mechanics and ideas significantly.

Source: Nintendo

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I'm one of those odd people who didn't really like Canvas Curse too much, but I'll give Rainbow Curse a try if it means that I can finally justify having that GamePad for over a year and never use the damn thing because it's not been used in many things at all, and I can just opt for that smexy Pro Controller most of the time. :3

Now if only that Pro Controller were designed after the GameCube controller instead of the 360 controller... >.>

War_Dyn27

Jan 22, 2014
the concept seems interesting, but kind of limited, guess I'll have to wait and see how it develops.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I know what Game I'm getting February 2015 then. I loved Kirby's Canvas Curse. I'm certain I'll love this game too.