Meet Deoxys in "Delta Episode" of Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Meet Deoxys in "Delta Episode" of Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

<youtube=4HlADiJFI5c>​
"Delta Episode" introduces a new character, Zinnia, along with a Rayquaza vs. Deoxys battle in space.

Legendaries are abound in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [http://escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/pokemon%20omega%20ruby%20and%20alpha%20sapphire]. The Pokemon Company has revealed a new chapter for Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire called "Delta Episode," where trainers will encounter the legendary Pokemon Deoxys.

Originally not a part of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire on the Game Boy Advance, "Delta Episode" is another story in the remakes with a new "mysterious" character named Zinnia, who fights with Mega Salemance and travels with a Whismur. The episode tasks trainers with saving Hoenn from an asteroid and will get into the region's history back 3,000 years.

Rayquaza and Deoxys will do battle in the episode, and will possibly bring in the Kyogre and Groudon conflict. In Pokemon Emerald, also on the Game Boy Advance, Rayquaza was the third member of the "weather trio," and stopped Kyogre and Groudon after the Team Magma and Team Aqua leaders awakened them.

Deoxys first appeared in the Ruby and Sapphire games as a promotional event. In the film Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys, Deoxys appears out of a meteorite that fell to Earth, and it later fights Rayquaza.

[gallery=3509]

Plenty of other legendaries are available for capture as well through Mirage Spots. These include Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Cresselia, and Heatran. Latias or Latios are available for capture through an Eon Ticket, which is distributed first to random players and then spread through StreetPass.

The other Hoenn legendaries, Regirock, Regice, and Registeel are available as well. Once a trainer captures all three, the colossal Regigigas will appear.

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire launch Nov. 21 in North America, Japan, and Australia on the 3DS and on Nov. 28 in Europe.

Source: The Pokemon Company [http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/story/the-delta-episode:-a-new-story-brewing-in-hoenn]

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Latias or Latios are available for capture through an Eon Ticket, which is distributed first to random players and then spread through StreetPass.
Eww.
Looks like I'll never be getting the eon ticket.
Wi-fi distribution is a thing outside of Japan Pokemon, maybe use it sometime?

Let's not even mention the horrible demo distribution.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok I am sold by (I am assuming) the player character riding Rayquaza to outer space! Still adding new content to an old but updated game isn't new, anyone remember that detective guy in Pokemon Platinum?

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I'm ok with the Eon ticket thing, and the amount of legendaries available is nice. Despite the fact I don't need them with a completed Pokedex.

The Great JT said:
That's all well and good, but will ORAS have character customization?
No. It's confirmed it won't

yatterman1

Nov 17, 2009
was thinking of skipping this version but maybe now will get it but then still want try get that double pack version that has the 200 potions and both games if comes out.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Eclipse Dragon said:
Latias or Latios are available for capture through an Eon Ticket, which is distributed first to random players and then spread through StreetPass.
Eww.
Looks like I'll never be getting the eon ticket.
Wi-fi distribution is a thing outside of Japan Pokemon, maybe use it sometime?

Let's not even mention the horrible demo distribution.
Add to that the current (at-least in UK) Diance distribution, I don't know who thought picking up codes from a store was a good idea but I still have to decide whether it's worth the time and bus fare to go the nearest GAME and hope they actually have some left and are bothering to give them out. Pure marketing, no reason not to use wi-fi:-/

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
TimeLord said:
The Great JT said:
Seriously? Why the hell would they take it out? It was one of the best features of the 6th gen games!

Czann

Jan 22, 2014
It seems this will be the best pokemon game ever.

The 3DS is currently the best platform to play.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Fractral said:
TimeLord said:
The Great JT said:
Seriously? Why the hell would they take it out? It was one of the best features of the 6th gen games!
Honestly I think people are getting a bit overly upset about it's removal. I'm confident it'll be back by Pokemon Z or whatever they'll call it.
For me customization isn't all that big of a deal in the first place so it'll suck if they don't bring it back but it won't be a deal breaker.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
The distribution method of the Eon Ticket sounds neat... but that's it. The chances of the ticket actually spreading very far seem pretty slim unless someone decides to go on a Spotpass road trip. It makes me wish Nintendo Power was still a thing so that they would hopefully distribute a Serial Code to mimic what they did with the Eon Ticket back in the day.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Fractral said:
TimeLord said:
The Great JT said:
According to the director, they kept the default trainers appearance because it's a remake and they wanted to emulate the original. It's an understandable stance, but I would not be surprised if it was omitted just to save time.

OT: Very strange wording with it being called an episode. I just hope it's something you get to do in the default game without a special event or code. Sounds interesting nonetheless.