Doki Doki

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Doki Doki

Every year, thousands of manga protagonists die of undiagnosed clotting disorders.

Read Full Article

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
Desu/Desu desu desu. Not enough desus. Compensated only by the strong voice-acting of the main leads and the art direction.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Is this supposed to be based on a particulr anime or is it a general parody? I'm thinking latter but I don't know.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
"Why would I call an ambulance for *YOU*?"

Remind your children of the dangers of Tsundere

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
The hell?

So... a girl does the Marilyn Monroe skirt routine and they guy has a haemorrhage and... okay.

I feel I am missing some vital context here. Like when I didn't get the Yaoi hands joke. Anyone care to fill me in?

Sean Kay

Jul 4, 2011
Zhukov said:
The hell?

So... a girl does the Marilyn Monroe skirt routine and they guy has a haemorrhage and... okay.

I feel I am missing some vital context here. Like when I didn't get the Yaoi hands joke. Anyone care to fill me in?
It's an anime thing, dudes get explosive nose bleeds when they see something sexy. I'm not really sure why nosebleeds became the short hand for erections though.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Zhukov said:
The hell?

In most anime, whenever a guy sees something sexy, he comically shoots blood from his nose. Happens all the time, and is actually based on an old japanese wives tale.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Sean Kay said:
Zhukov said:
The hell?

It's an anime thing, dudes get explosive nose bleeds when they see something sexy. I'm not really sure why nosebleeds became the short hand for erections though.
Probably from a Robin Williams quote "You have a brain, a penis and only enough blood to run one at a time."

OT: Yeah, I don't exactly understand it, either - until I remember the above quote, then I guess it makes some sorta sense. Makes me wonder how the fuck Roshi never died at an early age...

EDIT:
BreakfastMan said:
Zhukov said:
The hell?

In most anime, whenever a guy sees something sexy, he comically shoots blood from his nose. Happens all the time, and is actually based on an old japanese wives tale.
...or that.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Critical Miss has managed to take one of my least favourite things about the anime I watch and make it even more sinister.

*slow clap*

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I always found that a little gross. It's like something out of Kill Bill.

*PSSSSSHHHHHT*- No, no, please no. Thanks, but no.

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
It's funny cause in One Piece there is a moment when nosebleed actually becomes a plot about life and death and prejudice. Because of a nosebleed. And it's not supposed to be funny.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zhukov said:
The hell?

Look up Nosebleed on TvTropes and you'll get the context.

School girls skirts should really come with a warning label.

Entitled

Aug 27, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
Is this supposed to be based on a particulr anime or is it a general parody? I'm thinking latter but I don't know.
It's a general parody of bad ecchi comedies, where "guy has a massive nosebleed" is one of the oldest, most tired gags, originating as a visual symbol of an erection.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I think One Piece actually made it so that a character actually almost died because of his frequent nosebleeds.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
It's strange, I understand quite a bit of the weird stuff that happens in anime but the nosebleed when aroused thing has always escaped me. One would think their blood would be going elsewhere.

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
I'm always reminded of that episode of Dragon Ball where Yamcha was fighting the Invisible Man when I see a nosebleed.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
WouldYouKindly said:
It's strange, I understand quite a bit of the weird stuff that happens in anime but the nosebleed when aroused thing has always escaped me. One would think their blood would be going elsewhere.
Likewise, that's one trope from anime's for the life of me I could never understand.

But like someone up higher in the thread said, those skirts should really come with some kind of warning label.

kuolonen

Nov 19, 2009
I lived in Japan for 1 year. I saw one person get a nosebleed. It was a girl. Who got the nosebleed, not the cause.