GTA Online Players Who Haven't Logged in Since 2013 Can't Transfer Data - Update

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
GTA Online Players Who Haven't Logged in Since 2013 Can't Transfer Data - Update

GTA Online players who haven't visited in the past year will have to wait for a fix from Rockstar.

Update: Rockstar updated its support post to note the problem is resolved. Some PS4 users were experiencing difficulties downloading a patch Rockstar released yesterday, but Sony increased the number of servers the patch can be downloaded from, which fixed the issue. All character migrations to PS4 and Xbox One are now working, and GTA Online is up as normal on PS3 and Xbox 360 as well.

Original story: This morning Rockstar Games responded to players who have encountered an issue that prevents transferring GTA Online [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/grand%20theft%20auto%20online] character progress to PS4 and Xbox One. The company stated this issue only seems to affect people who have not logged in to GTA Online since 2013.

"No previous Grand Theft Auto Online data is associated with your Social Club account," an error message will state for those who have not logged in since 2013. When starting GTA Online on PS3 or Xbox 360, a different error message will state Rockstar services are unavailable.

Rockstar is urgently looking for a fix. The company suggested those affected subscribe for an automatic email notification when there is more information.

The PS4 and Xbox One versions of new vehicles, weapons, missions, and more. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/grand%20theft%20auto%20v] Rockstar is adding multiplayer heist missions to GTA Online, and server player count is increased to 30 players.

For people who have played GTA Online more recently, to transfer data you will need a Rockstar Social Club [http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/] account. Any money you've purchased will not transfer outside of the same console family. For example, money bought for the PS3 version will not transfer over to the Xbox One version, but it will transfer to the PS4 version. Even after transferring, you can still play the old character on PS3/Xbox 360, but new stats will not transfer over again.

Grand Theft Auto V's PS4 and Xbox One versions released today, and the PC version will be available on Jan. 27, 2015.

Source: Rockstar Games [https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203928126-2013-GTA-Online-Accounts-Issues-Transferring-to-PS4-Xbox-One-or-Logging-Into-GTA-Online]

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
If I hadn't played a game since 2013, chances are I wouldn't care about importing data anyway! Unless this physically stops you from even being able to boot the game or something?

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
Well i have played it this year but seeing as i'm switching teams this gen (360 to ps4) I'm kinda screwed anyway! :p

Not that it's a massive hardship as GTA:O was a massive dissapointment to me.

Kalamala

Sep 9, 2011
Darth Sea Bass said:
Well i have played it this year but seeing as i'm switching teams this gen (360 to ps4) I'm kinda screwed anyway! :p

I think it works of Social Club, so you should be safe if it was on Xbox.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
Kalamala said:
Darth Sea Bass said:

Reading the one paragraph again, I believe your right good sir!

Kalamala

Sep 9, 2011
Darth Sea Bass said:
Kalamala said:
Darth Sea Bass said:

Reading the one paragraph again, I believe your right good sir!
Either way, they've now released a patch for it, judging from the updates to the relevant support article that is.