Mini-Wargaming Hobby 101: Prepping and Priming

Lodur

May 28, 2014
Mini-Wargaming Hobby 101: Prepping and Priming

Victory Points presents some suggestions for how to best get your miniatures ready for painting.

Read Full Article

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
I'm thankful for the images, because I have never heard the words "flush cutter" before. We just call 'em clippers or nippers. Also, I MAY have my work cut out for me if I ever get around to painting my orks. My friends were a bit impatient, so I prioritized functionality over form. Those flash lines are probably gonna be a HUGE pain on assembled models.
Also, does anyone have a good way to prime/paint the mini without getting any on the base? I know most people just prime over the base because they're gonna glue fake terrain on it, but I like the look of clean plastic.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
ccggenius12 said:
Also, does anyone have a good way to prime/paint the mini without getting any on the base? I know most people just prime over the base because they're gonna glue fake terrain on it, but I like the look of clean plastic.
My friends used to use cling wrap (like Saran) on the base. It wasn't always perfect, but I thin if you were meticulous enough you could do something with it.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
Man, I was hoping you would make a comment about thinning your paints because I hate seeings things like the suffer detailed here. http://1d4chan.org/wiki/THIN_YOUR_PAINTS
There is A MIGHTY NEED to for that sort of thing, but people will learn in time.
Further more if you'd do a thing on terrain building, plastic card and the lot.
That could be really useful for hobbyist that are looking to play anything but warmahordes (I hate the terrain rules in that game, long live crossfire).
Also a nice little thing on campaigns might be nice.