Mark Hamill Reprising Villain Role For The Flash

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Mark Hamill Reprising Villain Role For The Flash

It's not the Joker, but the Trickster! Mark Hamill will reprise his role from the '90s Flash series for the CW's The Flash in one episode next year.

Mark Hamill of Star Wars fame and previous comic villain roles will reprise his role as The Trickster next year on HitFix [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/flash] reports.

Hamill originally played The Trickster in the '90s Flash series and the animated series Justice League Unlimited. This will be his first time in two decades playing The Trickster in a live-action format.

Hamill, who has also voiced the Joker in several animated series and games, will also be Star Wars: The Force Awakens. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131559-Carrie-Fisher-Confirms-Star-Wars-Cast-Reunion-In-Episode-VII]

"Having Mark reprise his role as The Trickster was on our original wish list when we were planning our version of The Flash. Christmas and Chanukah came early for us this year when he said yes! We are beyond humbled and excited to have him joining us for another round of deadly trickery!"

CW noted this Trickster will be a new interpretation of the character. According to HitFix, the CW stated:

Mark Hamill returns in a brand new interpretation of James Jesse (aka The Trickster), a role he originated on the 90's "Flash" series. In this new iteration, The Trickster is an anarchist terrorist con man serving a life sentence in Iron Heights who helps Barry (Grant Gustin) and Det. West (Jesse L. Martin) to foil the city-wide attacks of a wannabe Trickster eagerly following in the original's deadly footsteps. The episode will reunite him with John Wesley Shipp who went up against him as the original "Flash" on the CBS version.

Hamill's Trickster will appear in the 17th episode of The Flash, due to release sometime in 2015.

Source: HitFix [http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/exclusive-mark-hamill-to-play-the-trickster-again-on-the-flash]

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Sweet. I'd prefer they get him in there as the Joker, but I could see him putting a nice Joker twist on The Trickster. I might have to start following The Flash.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
That is freakin' awesome. That roll as the trickster is literally what landed him the voice work for the Batman Animated series that he voiced the joker in. I'm glad to see him returning to the silver screen.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
V4Viewtiful said:
and I thought the JLU episode was a treat. :)
That scene was awesome. A great way to present the flash as "not just another masked superhero"...

Nuxxy

Feb 3, 2011
That's exactly what I miss in the Flash TV series. Adult heart, as opposed to teenage drama.

I always wondered what a live-action series written by Bruce Timm and the other DCAU guys would be like.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
And the t.v series of Arrow and Flash continue to excite me more than Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
Ukomba said:
Sweet. I'd prefer they get him in there as the Joker, but I could see him putting a nice Joker twist on The Trickster. I might have to start following The Flash.
Well they've hinted at Grodd being a presence later. So the fact that a Giant talking Gorilla might be a thing on network TV is worth it in and of itself.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
Of course Hamill said yes. He is one of those very few celebrities that is known for genre roles that is actually very into that kind of stuff. My parents think he hasn't done a thing since Star Wars. Little do they know he's been busy portraying some of the biggest bad guys in fictional history. It would be a real treat to get him in some kind of get up that was an homage to his original costume. Even as just a joke.