What Just Happened on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
What Just Happened on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. wrapped up for the year by throwing us a ton of Marvel arcana... here's what it all means.

Read Full Article

vid87

May 17, 2010
It's funny - I caught Thor on tv and realized it's actually been quite a while since Coulson's been in a movie. Really hoping this whole thing with SHIELD means the Avengers find out he's alive at some point.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
vid87 said:
It's funny - I caught Thor on tv and realized it's actually been quite a while since Coulson's been in a movie. Really hoping this whole thing with SHIELD means the Avengers find out he's alive at some point.
Is rumored that he will appear in Avengers 2, but then again, Tripp was rumored to be with him. We know that will not true since Tripp died.

8BitArchitect

Sep 24, 2014
Diablo2000 said:
vid87 said:
Is rumored that he will appear in Avengers 2, but then again, Tripp was rumored to be with him. We know that will not true since Tripp died.
Coulson died too, and he has his own show now...

But I see your point considering trip literally disintegrated.

ssManae

Aug 13, 2009
I get the feeling Civil War is going to be more based on Inhuman registration than the classic superheroes running around. Considering the files we know SHIELD had, and the info dump at the end of Winter Soldier, most of the latter should be public knowledge.

SeeDarkly_Xero

Jan 24, 2014
The idea that the 616 Daisy is NOT a mutant is just inane.
The wikia reference to the reason why has NO significance. Squaring the circle with explanations like "genetic damage passed on from her father but doesn't have the 'mutant' gene" dismisses the science of mutation. (Keep in mind, that was not some revision meant to line up the comic/cinematic universes; it happened in 2005, before the Iron Man film and before anyone suspected they'd use the Quake character on TV.)
I like what they are doing with the character on the show... including the rights-obligatory change to her origins.
But as far as the comic character... yeah... genetic mutation make mutants. Calling it "damage" so they can call it something different is just ridiculous.
If anything it would make more sense to say her mutation includes the lack of that standard mutant gene.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"Whether or not she'll be calling herself "Quake" when the series returns is anybody's guess."
Uhm, I am pretty sure there's no way in hell she would do that.
Maybe it could be her new nickname or codename, but she won't like it!
After all, she is SKYE, a human orphan who wants nothing to do with her monster father and his plans...

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
Kenjitsuka said:
"Whether or not she'll be calling herself "Quake" when the series returns is anybody's guess."
Uhm, I am pretty sure there's no way in hell she would do that.
Maybe it could be her new nickname or codename, but she won't like it!
After all, she is SKYE, a human orphan who wants nothing to do with her monster father and his plans...
I think they will just throw "Quake" in a throw away line as a nod and never refer to her as that again. They did it before.

EDIT: Or there's somewhat slim chance that in a possible "Skye is getting over her head with the Superpowers" arc (Remember they she was kinda of a fan girl in the beginning of the series) in a future they just call her Quake, but it wouldn't bet on that, definitly not before a Season 3. (Which may not happening in the first place)

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Seriously, how dumb do you think people are? I'm not a massive comic fan, but the things that you say will confuse us poor unintelligent people .. in fact, matter very very little to understanding the basics of what is happening in the show. At this point .. it doesn't fucking matter what the crystals ARE, just what they DID. Which was pretty damn obvious. It wasn't bewildering to us lower life forms at all. Nothing in the show has been.

I normally like your writing Bob, but the condescension in this article is really really off=putting.

And none of the people i know that follow the show closely are massive comics fans to be honest, and none of the hardcore comics fans i know of give a tiny shit about it.. so theres that.

jabrwock

Sep 5, 2007
I thought Trip didn't get affected by the "energy" blast, it was the exploding Diviner shard lodged in his abdomen (after he kicked it) that turned him to stone? I'll have to rewatch that scene.

It made me think "he'd have been fine if he had just stood there".

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
SeeDarkly_Xero said:
I like what they are doing with the character on the show... including the rights-obligatory change to her origins.
But as far as the comic character... yeah... genetic mutation make mutants. Calling it "damage" so they can call it something different is just ridiculous.
If anything it would make more sense to say her mutation includes the lack of that standard mutant gene.
Except that's not what a mutant is in the Marvel Universe, they aren't "genetic mutations" so much as they are people with an active X-Gene. THat's why mutant has always been a poor word to use for the concept and probably why the term Homo Superior was added.

ender1200

Nov 25, 2013
jabrwock said:
I thought Trip didn't get affected by the "energy" blast, it was the exploding Diviner shard lodged in his abdomen (after he kicked it) that turned him to stone? I'll have to rewatch that scene.

It made me think "he'd have been fine if he had just stood there".
It's the casing of the deviner. He got hit by a sharpenal from it when it exploded. The myst itself seems to have not effect him.

mruuh

Jun 29, 2012
As a watcher from ranks of non-comic-readers, I do not really care about how this TV series fits into your beloved comicbook lore. For me, the show stands on its own (watching it without any Marvel lore knowledge) quite well. Apart from the wooden, expressionless actress playing Skye, but I'm getting used to her slowly. :)

What got me into watching Agents was that in the recent Marvel superhero movies, is that the "backend" never really gets explored there, because the focus is on the shiny and pretty (and somewhat boring) superheroes and their ever so bold antics. On the other hand, Agents concentrates on the backend - the little people in the background who prepare everything and do the inevitable cleanup afterwards.