Cosplay For Kitties? Check Out This Medieval Armor For Cats and Mice

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Cosplay For Kitties? Check Out This Medieval Armor For Cats and Mice

Artist Jeff de Boer has designed some impressive armor for cats and mice in his career, complete with built-in jousting lances.

If cartoons have taught me anything, it's that <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/cats>cats and <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/mouse>mice are locked in an epic struggle for domination. Perhaps Canadian artist Jeff de Boer took that concept literally when he developed ornate armor proportioned for small furry creatures. Each design even adopts a particular armor style, including knight's armor, gladiator garb, and Seven Samurai costumes.

Images of de Boer's armor have already been circulating the internet for a year, but they're absolutely worth checking out for the detail and craftsmanship alone. Each set is built using silver, bronze, or wood materials that set their value at anywhere from $500 to $2000. Then there's the time needed to actually construct them: Mice armor takes about 10-40 hours while cat defensive wear extends up to 100. Unfortunately actually putting cats into these when you're finished isn't a great idea - de Boer ended up with the scars to prove it.

Regardless, de Boer's work is impressive. My personal favorites would have to be the tournament designs, specifically those with jousting lances built directly into the backs. Now if only there was a combo set allowing mice to ride cats into battle...

[gallery=3669]

Source: Beautiful Life

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
If it was possible to put my cat in one of those knight's armor sets without getting my hand gored I would totally buy one of those.

Demonjazz

Sexually identifies as Tiefling
Sep 13, 2008
Somebody should make some cat lances, I want to pit my cats against each other.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
I once unsuccessfully tried to get a collar on my cat... this stuff is way out of my league.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Please stop doing this to me, Escapist. I love you, but I can't use the same Gladiator Mice joke three times in one week. :<

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
I sort of want to see some cats wearing this. It would be extremely cute, but i doubt the cat would much appreciate it.

coheedswicked

Mar 28, 2010
Sseth said:
Risingblade said:
What no pics of cats wearing this?
It would be mean to the cats. Those armors are probably just for show and not very comfortable to wear.
That... and I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to get a cat into armor. lol