8 Netflix Movies To Watch Before They Leave Forever

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Netflix Movies To Watch Before They Leave Forever

Netflix can't keep every movie streaming, they have to cycle them out. Today we focus on some great films that will be leaving Netflix streaming on January 1st, 2015. So don't waste any more time and get to watching these masterpieces.

Read Full Article

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
The problem with watching Duck Soup and really ANY Marx Brothers movie is that Chico Marx is NOT funny... at all... and the movies really seem to think he is.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Why would you pay for a service that didn't have any of these movies? Get yo shit right, Netflix.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I have to admit, this column has never been so spot on!!!
Very good list, sucks for Netflix subs!

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
I love the whole Rocky franchise, as a whole. It is truly Stallone's best work by a mile. However, I think the first Rocky is the best. Well, its actually a tie between the first and the last for me. (I think I just get excited watching 1 knowing I will soon be watching them all and 6 leaves me sad because its done, and its done so wonderfully.) I actually like 4 the least myself, maybe because I have seen it more than any other as of course US TV stations love to put that one on TV. Then again I even like Rocky 3 and 5. There really isn't one I don't like, I am a proud owner of the blu-ray collection.

If someone is going to read that list and this thread and you somehow haven't seen Rocky 4, do yourself a favor and just watch all of them. 1 is about facing adversity, 2 is about honoring a worthy opponent, 3 is about success bleeding the drive to better one's self, 4 is about US vs Russia's cold war/revenge/hi tech workouts vs old school workouts, 5 is about Rocky trying to leave a legacy in the sport he loves, 6 is his legacy fulfilled. It is 6 really good movies that all pay homage to one another, true sequels. Do yourself a favor, watch them all - in order.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
Of all these movies I've already seen all of them except Duck Soup....and all the rest when they originally came out in the theater. Oi vey!

I never cared for the Rocky movies, but won't dispute that they were great films, I'm just not much into that sort of genre. The rest, all solid gold.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Savagezion said:
I love the whole Rocky franchise, as a whole. It is truly Stallone's best work by a mile. However, I think the first Rocky is the best. Well, its actually a tie between the first and the last for me. (I think I just get excited watching 1 knowing I will soon be watching them all and 6 leaves me sad because its done, and its done so wonderfully.) I actually like 4 the least myself, maybe because I have seen it more than any other as of course US TV stations love to put that one on TV. Then again I even like Rocky 3 and 5. There really isn't one I don't like, I am a proud owner of the blu-ray collection.

If someone is going to read that list and this thread and you somehow haven't seen Rocky 4, do yourself a favor and just watch all of them. 1 is about facing adversity, 2 is about honoring a worthy opponent, 3 is about success bleeding the drive to better one's self, 4 is about US vs Russia's cold war/revenge/hi tech workouts vs old school workouts, 5 is about Rocky trying to leave a legacy in the sport he loves, 6 is his legacy fulfilled. It is 6 really good movies that all pay homage to one another, true sequels. Do yourself a favor, watch them all - in order.
I loved rocky 3. Clubber Lang as the under dog, no expensive training camp just ability, attitude and determination. I rarely watch it to the end though as I hate to see clubber lose, as we never hear of him again Id assume he faded into obscurity after the loss.

Its sad as this list sounds like theyre cancelling my childhood... not duck soup mind. Im old but not that old.

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
I think the article title is a little misleading. Movies cycle in and out at Netflix so for some of these films it will be gone for now but they might return at some point. I've had some cult classics I've enjoyed on Netflix streaming leave in the past only to pop back up on my favorites when the film returned to the mix.