Edward James Olmos Joining the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. This Spring

harpere

May 20, 2014
Edward James Olmos Joining the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. This Spring

If you needed another reason to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s much improved second season, how about Edward James Olmos?

Admiral Adama is reporting for duty in an all-new sci-fi universe with mid-season finale's MCU-shaking reveal [http://marvel.com/news/tv/23908/edward_james_olmos_comes_to_marvels_agents_of_shield.]? We'll have to see.)

Unfortunately, we know nothing about who Olmos will be playing (beyond Marvel's promise that he's going to be a big deal) -- Gonzales appears to be a new character to the Marvel universe, so there's no guessing what form Olmos' role will take. However, you don't cast Edward James Olmos unless you want to bring the gravitas, and that particular weight has been lacking, at times, from S.H.I.E.L.D.'s cast, so we definitely welcome this addition.

Source: Marvel [http://marvel.com/news/tv/23908/edward_james_olmos_comes_to_marvels_agents_of_shield.]

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/movies-and-tv/]

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/comics-and-cosplay/]

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Is it wrong that I want him to appear on Agents of Shield as Admiral Adama, fired forwards through time by a mishap aboard the Galactica?

Probably, I'm sure his character will be much better.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
My money's on him being an Inhuman. The series already has two, and introduced a third in the mid season stinger, so it's very likely the second half of the season will have more and introduce them as the major obstacle for Shield 2.0 to deal with.

Especially since now Hydra is effectively leaderless and fractured. I also have no doubt Coulson gave away the location of most, maybe even all, of their secret base network locations to the military in the "we give you gifts, you don't get in our way" deal they've got going. Lot of happenings in the first 10 episodes of the season, really wondering what'll happen in the later 12.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
fix-the-spade said:
Is it wrong that I want him to appear on Agents of Shield as Admiral Adama, fired forwards through time by a mishap aboard the Galactica?

Probably, I'm sure his character will be much better.
We can always pretend that nothing after New Carpica ever happened, if that makes you feel better. Me, I will always wonder what the hell Apollo was thinking.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
Zontar said:
My money's on him being an Inhuman. The series already has two, and introduced a third in the mid season stinger, so it's very likely the second half of the season will have more and introduce them as the major obstacle for Shield 2.0 to deal with.

Especially since now Hydra is effectively leaderless and fractured. I also have no doubt Coulson gave away the location of most, maybe even all, of their secret base network locations to the military in the "we give you gifts, you don't get in our way" deal they've got going. Lot of happenings in the first 10 episodes of the season, really wondering what'll happen in the later 12.
I doubt they cut Hydra out of the series completely, they are still rumored to play a big part in Captain America Civil War. But would be nice to have a change like that, yes.

Hiramas

Aug 31, 2010
Well, HYDRA is not without a leader.
Whitehall is dead, yes. But he was a midlevel guy anyway, the real head seems to be Baron von Strucker

I also have to add
that they killed off Lucy Lawless in one Episode! I hope Olmos will be there for a bit longer

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Hiramas said:
Well, HYDRA is not without a leader.
Whitehall is dead, yes. But he was a midlevel guy anyway, the real head seems to be Baron von Strucker
Being dead is never more than a delaying factor in comic books, not to mention for Joss Whedon. Seriously, I never count any character as being Dead Dead, when watching something based on comics, or piloted by Joss. It's just easier on my brain to assume they will come back later because Reasons. xD

I also have to add
that they killed off Lucy Lawless in one Episode! I hope Olmos will be there for a bit longer
[/quote]

I have a feeling he will be around for a while. I just hope they don't make him a bad guy. As much as I think he'd do great as a villain, I really love him as the surely old grandfather who can kick your ass if need be type of character.

I'm quite happy to see him on the show though, as I've always loved Mr. Almos since I first saw him doing stuff back in the 80s, and having him have a recurring role on a popular show would be good for his career and bank account. So yay! I like seeing actors I like having steady gigs, even if it's a show I don't watch myself. That's one reason I was so happy to see Kyle McLachlan on the show too. Always enjoyed him, and like to see him still making money doing his craft.

Rituro

Critwrencha
Sep 18, 2008
If they can find a way to make him say "I need you here. Now get out of here!" I will be so, so giddy.