D&D Dungeon Master's Guide Review - Wonderfully Useful (to the Right People)

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
D&D Dungeon Master's Guide Review - Wonderfully Useful (to the Right People)

After a month of play, does the Dungeon Master's Guide really complete the 5th Edition D&D system?

Read Full Article

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
My greatest torment was the complete lack of NPC classes. I could never get enough of those. ^_^

What I am looking forward to is discovering what kind of prestige classes they'll come up with. Given that the PHB makes it clear that multiclassing has inherent weaknesses built into it, i.e. the levels you're inclined to switch over tend to be the ones with Stat increase/Feats I really wanna see how they approach mixing and matching (as opposed to min/maxing--I'm more Role Player than hacker-slasher) in the future.

This book definitely gets a thumbs up from me.

Ninjariffic

VP of Winning
Jan 24, 2008
This edition has made me fall in love with D&D all over again. I was really looking forward to the random generation tables in this book. I'm currently working on automating all the tables into one giant, customisable generator. I'm even adding some stuff from the Pathfinder DMG and things like Wilderlands. I don't think I've ever been this excited to run a campaign.

Jburton9

Aug 21, 2012
Thank you for the review!

Really I need to head to the bookstore and get my hands on the DMG to see how it feels, font, page layout etc.

I am glad TSR has released a new D&D version and I look forward to giving it a spin. It might be awhile though as the group I am with is heavy into Pathfinder at the moment.