8 Horribly Pointless Video Game Adaptations of Movies

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Horribly Pointless Video Game Adaptations of Movies

The film industry is a billion dollar business, and because of all of the money that movies make they sometimes try to capitalize on their success with a video game adaptation. Once in a blue moon the video game adaptation is good and true to the source film, but that's the exception rather than the rule. The majority of video games based on films are horrific, and today we look at a few of those. This is not a complete list, there are too many to include, so enjoy these eight games that you should avoid at all costs.

Read Full Article

Agent 26

Jan 12, 2015
Great read, sir. I have been the victim of some of these games. Thought they would be good compared to the movie lore they came from, but was utterly disappointed. I am part of the generation that was conned into the E.T. game... it is based of the movie, it'll be fun they said.... oh how wrong they were, and how wrong the game will always remain.... FOREVER!!

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Hang on a minute... A game based on the movie based on a game; and its called street fighter: The movie?? Owww my confusion cells are all hurting at once! Stupid humans!

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
Battleship said:
What they should have done was make a video game based on the original game.
It's been done. [http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseek.cgi?regexp=^Battle+Ships$&pub=^Encore$] (A dozen more times too, but this was probably the best one at the time.)

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Wait, a list of bad game adaptations of films, that DOESN'T include The Blues Brothers the video game? WRONG