Critical Miss: Evolve Part 1

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Grey, you're not the only one. The game looks like a very over-hyped and over simplified Left4Dead. It's designed strictly multiplayer battle arena hide and seek game(oh look, a new type of MOBA), but at a full $60 box price. The game sure is getting traction for hype, but long term it's going to slip fast into repetitive boredom.

And I kind of question a 2-part article here. Your "set up" for a clear punchline at the end of the week is nothing more than pretty drawings of what the game is about. I'm at a lose to care for this comic at all and Erin in this one could be replaced with any generic character without tell due to lacking her charismatic personality.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
You aren't the only one left at the Hype Station, games designed around multiplayer or arena combat are generally something that don't interest me. Topping that off with other things I disagree with about the game I just left it alone and walked back to my other games.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Please tell me this is setup for comic about Erin and her friends/enemies/frenemies?
While I like social commentary occasionally it gets annoying.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
What's worse, being left at the station or being on the train and feeling a need to jump after the destination starts to become clear?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
How DOES Suchong play video games? The controllers should be the same size as him, and keyboards would dwarf him.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
TopazFusion said:
-Dragmire- said:
What's worse, being left at the station or being on the train and feeling a need to jump after the destination starts to become clear?
Getting all the way to the destination and finding out you took the wrong train.
Oh yeah, that never really turns out to be for the better, especially if you prebooked your ticket far in advance.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Suchong got BIG! o.o

I'm not into any of the hype for the game myself. Too many other games to think about right now.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
And here I was expecting to only be able to see the first 4 panels, with the 5th panel being visible only if I pre-ordered this week's comic and the 6th panel only being visible at a later time for an extra cost.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Deathfish15 said:
Grey, you're not the only one. The game looks like a very over-hyped and over simplified Left4Dead. It's designed strictly multiplayer battle arena hide and seek game(oh look, a new type of MOBA), but at a full $60 box price. The game sure is getting traction for hype, but long term it's going to slip fast into repetitive boredom.
I'd offer you a hammer but you already hit the nail on the head. I played in the open beta and tried to be forgiving in my opinion (after all, beta.) but ultimately theres nothing to it. Such a shame considering how excited I got when I first saw the trailer!

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Like Grey, I have no interest in this game. So, this strip, to me, is basically "Ha ha, Evolve certainly is a game, and we are indeed referencing it! It's funny how we are making a reference to a game!"

Then again, I have the same reaction to every TF2 comic I've ever seen.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Sanunes said:
You aren't the only one left at the Hype Station, games designed around multiplayer or arena combat are generally something that don't interest me. Topping that off with other things I disagree with about the game I just left it alone and walked back to my other games.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way about the game and games designed around multiplayer in general. I don't feel so lonely now at the station! :D

OT: Well, this should be interesting, can't wait to see part two and how this ends.

Darxide

Dec 14, 2009
Preordered the PC Monster Race pack (I regret nothing) and have been playing almost nonstop since the midnight launch. Having a fucking blast. Leave it to The Escapist forums to be the festering hive of the bandwagon-haters.

XDSkyFreak

Mar 2, 2013
Darxide said:
Preordered the PC Monster Race pack (I regret nothing) and have been playing almost nonstop since the midnight launch. Having a fucking blast. Leave it to The Escapist forums to be the festering hive of the bandwagon-haters.
and leave it to insecure hype blinded fanboys to make snarky remarks to keep their illusion that they made a good decision.

Seriously dude ... people expressed their oppinion that seems to be preety well represented among the comunity, and you pop-up to call them all bandwagon haters because they don't have the same opinion as you. And you feel the need to add that you preordered the most expensive version of the game. You might want to look in a mirror and think a bit about your decision before waving your dick around and slapping people in the face with it because they don't agree with you.