8 Things You Can Do Before GTA 5 Launches on PC

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Things You Can Do Before GTA 5 Launches on PC

The PC version of Grand Theft Auto 5 has been delayed again, so here are eight things to keep you busy until it finally releases.

Read Full Article

Synthetica

Jul 10, 2013
Well, by the time we get monkeys on typewriters to do all those things, GTA V might be out on PC. Also, the comment button is missing from the post somehow, not sure why.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Caramel Frappe said:
Great list, also #8 on the list made me laugh out loud. I'm pretty sure at this point, that they are never going to make Half-Life 3 ... way to much hype and pressure to make it as good as everyone wants it to be.
Yeah, at this point, it's better to let it just be that grail that never gets found, I think.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
I used to be bothered by Half-Life 3 jokes... nowadays, it's different. This wasn't even the first one that made me laugh this day. Thank you.

Def25

Feb 24, 2015
Thanks for this, it was funny.

Seriously though, i could port the game faster if they gave me the sourcecode.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
You could also save up for a next gen console, buy GTA V, and 100% it before it launches on PC. :p

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Well, GTA V is at least a provable thing. Which is far more then HL3 has going for it at this point.

GTA V is start to look more like the next George R. R. Martin book. It's coming, but it's release date keeps receding into the future. Broken Age is also in this state. But at least their creators are still saying "Yeah, we're working on it". Valve has given up on even doing that.

zzrhardy

Feb 24, 2015
Moral of the story: never pre-order. Instead leave your $75 in a bank account with compounding interest.

That way, not only do you get the game you want, but you also can also use the resulting change to fund your retirement as well.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
zzrhardy said:
Moral of the story: never pre-order. Instead leave your $75 in a bank account with compounding interest.

That way, not only do you get the game you want, but you also can also use the resulting change to fund your retirement as well.
At this rate, you might get to retire and use that change before you get the game!

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
TheComedown said:
God these lists are a load of horse shit. Do you actually get paid for this bile?
You know ... criticism is always appreciated, but how can anyone or any person improve with such a statement?
Like I am totally cool if you disliked the Gallery's list for this topic, but the feedback you've given can't help anyone improve.

Why not try to express why, and in a civil way. Otherwise no one will take you seriously and i'm only telling you this because if I was the author, I wouldn't know what to change / do from your post. Like what exactly is it you disliked to make such a post?
The lists in general, its click bait, it reads like the author spent 10 minutes on it. It's all stupid hyperbolic nonsense. I have no constructive criticism except that you could save yourself a bit of cash and time by stop paying for this shit to be written. its not game news its not game journalism, it reads like a buzz feed article, but i guess thats what you want since thats the shit that gets the traffic, fuck quality right?

As for the list itself? Cold Fusion, World Peace? That's fucking reaching. The game exists, all the assets are there, all the code is there. It's just got to be ported across now, I really don't know when the Pc version was announced but i know for a fact not nearly as long ago as half life 2 left us hanging and hasn't stung us along in anyway. Delays happen, maybe we can hope that rockstar are pushing it back so maybe for once they can release one of their games on the PC without it being a steaming pile of buggy broken shit. Would that not just be terrible, an extra month or two to wait for a game so you can spend the 80 bucks on a game that actually works?

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
TheComedown said:
Caramel Frappe said:
TheComedown said:
God these lists are a load of horse shit. Do you actually get paid for this bile?
You know ... criticism is always appreciated, but how can anyone or any person improve with such a statement?
Like I am totally cool if you disliked the Gallery's list for this topic, but the feedback you've given can't help anyone improve.

Why not try to express why, and in a civil way. Otherwise no one will take you seriously and i'm only telling you this because if I was the author, I wouldn't know what to change / do from your post. Like what exactly is it you disliked to make such a post?
The lists in general, its click bait, it reads like the author spent 10 minutes on it. It's all stupid hyperbolic nonsense. I have no constructive criticism except that you could save yourself a bit of cash and time by stop paying for this shit to be written. its not game news its not game journalism, it reads like a buzz feed article, but i guess thats what you want since thats the shit that gets the traffic, fuck quality right?
Dude, calm down, this list is a joke. As in it's just a humorous gag poking fun at how long Rockstar is taking to release a GTAV PC port. This much should have been obvious from the title alone. Why did you even click on it if that's not what wanted? Not everything on the internet needs to be SERIOUS JOURNALIZM!

As for the list itself? Cold Fusion, World Peace? That's fucking reaching.
Sorry to hear you can't comprehend sarcasm, believe it or not the article writer doesn't ACTUALLY expect any of us to do these things before the release of GTAV. Ya, it's almost as if the author was joking or something.
The game exists, all the assets are there, all the code is there. It's just got to be ported across now
All the more reason it shouldn't have taken this long. Entire games have been developed in the time we've waited for this PC port.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
TheComedown said:

As for the list itself? Cold Fusion, World Peace? That's fucking reaching. The game exists, all the assets are there, all the code is there. It's just got to be ported across now, I really don't know when the Pc version was announced but i know for a fact not nearly as long ago as half life 2 left us hanging and hasn't stung us along in anyway. Delays happen, maybe we can hope that rockstar are pushing it back so maybe for once they can release one of their games on the PC without it being a steaming pile of buggy broken shit. Would that not just be terrible, an extra month or two to wait for a game so you can spend the 80 bucks on a game that actually works?
It's a joke. I was chatting with a few other people about all the things we could have done while we waited for this PC port to come out, and the idea of this list popped up. It was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

On a more serious note, 18+ months to port a game to PC is ludicrous, especially given the fact that it's already appeared on PS4 and XB1, both of which have similar architectures to PC. Furthermore, it's not like Rockstar is putting up this small delay for polish and calling it good. This is the second delay. The game was slated for January, then moved to March, and is now due in April. It's not in Duke Nukem Forever territory yet, but it's reaching the point of "I'll believe it when I see it."