How Does Cooldown Reduction Stack in Diablo 3?

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
How Does Cooldown Reduction Stack in Diablo 3?

Let's break down the math on cooldown reduction stacking so that you don't have to.

Read Full Article

Varis

lp0 on fire
Feb 24, 2012
Was just yesterday pondering about this subject. Another great guide, and again, just when I needed it! Time to try out my Perma-Archon wizard!

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
I'll be honest, this series was what pushed me over and actually made me pick up Diablo 3. I've really been enjoying it so far and just finished the campaign for the first time with my brother.

That said, are you planning on doing more class specific guides in the near future? I enjoy learning about how these various stats function but I'm sort of waiting with baited breath for further opinions on the Witch Doctor.

Anyway, hope you keep it up. :D

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
Link_to_Future said:
I'll be honest, this series was what pushed me over and actually made me pick up Diablo 3. I've really been enjoying it so far and just finished the campaign for the first time with my brother.

That said, are you planning on doing more class specific guides in the near future? I enjoy learning about how these various stats function but I'm sort of waiting with baited breath for further opinions on the Witch Doctor.

Anyway, hope you keep it up. :D
Glad you're enjoying the series! I have a whole backlog of Diablo content to write up - it's just a matter of prioritizing. So I'd love to get feedback on direction! I've been meaning to make a guide on the Jade Harvester Witch Doctor for some time, now...

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I just use Leoric's crown with a diamond in it and whatever CD reduction I get by chance. I usually hover around 30%, and I can live with that.

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
Denamic said:
I just use Leoric's crown with a diamond in it and whatever CD reduction I get by chance. I usually hover around 30%, and I can live with that.
Some builds require more. zdps monks need as much as they can get, and most sader builds aim for ~55% for full akarat uptime. They changed running barbs so CDR isn't their most important stat anymore, and DH need only a little to function pretty well, so most things are fine with just incidental CDR.