Trisha Hershberger is Joining The Escapist!

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Trisha Hershberger is Joining The Escapist!

Trisha Hershberger, who you may know from her work at The Naked Truth [http://sourcefed.com/the-naked-truth-on-trisha-hershberger-leaving-sourcefed/], is joining The Escapist! As one of our awesome content creators, Trisha will be appearing in video shows on the site starting in April.

Speaking of the upcoming partnership, Trisha said, "I'm really so excited to join the crew at The Escapist and dive head first into new, extraordinarily detailed content! I've been a fan of The Escapist (and Defy!) for a long time and I'm thrilled to be part of the team."

Alexander Macris, Co-founder and General Manager of The Escapist, is looking forward to having Trisha's work on-site, saying, "We're excited to add Trisha to our roster of incredibly talented content creators, and we know that our audience will love her as much as we do."

Fans of The Escapist can follow Trisha on Twitter as YouTube channel [https://twitter.com/thatgrltrish].

Sep 14, 2009
Sweet, glad to see the escapist is getting more content back. came across the naked truth once but hadn't checked out much more then that.

Although I gotta say, her last name reminds me of the "er mah gerd" meme

also curious to know what "new, extraordinarily detailed content!" means, is it gaming related? just general news related? tv? comics? science?

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
What roster of incredibly talented content creators? You mean Yahtzee and the Critical Miss duo? Does two sources constitute a roster?

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
I've never heard of this person. Is her blog super popular? And what is it about? (I'm afraid to click the link because I'm at work and it has a NFSW-associated word in the title)

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
snekadid said:
What roster of incredibly talented content creators? You mean Yahtzee and the Critical Miss duo? Does two sources constitute a roster?
I wonder what she'll actually make. I hope she just replaces Bob.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Well, I wish we knew what she was doing, but I'm just glad to have new content.

I really like the creators we currently have on the Escapist. All two of them.

aronivars

Feb 25, 2015
There are scores of new contributors on their way to the Escapist. We just need to be patient till their content is ready.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I don't know any contributors until they get here, really. I hadn't heard of Jimquisition either, before he got here, for example. So not having heard of her before - at least in my case - says nothing. Welcome, let's see how/what she does. Speaking of which, what will she be doing for The Escapist? It sounds like she'll do videos, but of what? Video game reviews? Gamer culture events, conventions and stuff? General nerdy commentary things?

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
remnant_phoenix said:
I've never heard of this person. Is her blog super popular? And what is it about? (I'm afraid to click the link because I'm at work and it has a NFSW-associated word in the title)
"The Naked Truth is a vlog series where Trisha vlogs naked (true story) to be as vulnerable and open as possible."

Personally never heard of her. I come here for Yahtzee and Critical Miss, even then I just forget sometimes. This site is a shell of what it used to be.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. I love SourceFed and Trish, but I struggle to see how she will fit into the Escapist as it is now.

Glad to have bright new talent joining the site regardless, and I hope to happily be proven wrong.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Who? I'm sorry, no idea who she is. What she going to be doing? Another weekly column? 'Cause that ain't what the Escapist needs really. They need another massive hit, like another Jimquistion or Zero Punctuation or Top 5. Something fun, not just dry opinion pieces.

superline51

Nov 18, 2009
Hopefully this doesn't mean she is cutting back on SourceFed, that channel is starting to dry up enough as it is.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
snekadid said:
They also got the guy doing Full Frontal Nerdity here now, and there was that other webcomic that started last week that might need a few more issues for me to get a solid read on.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
superline51 said:
Hopefully this doesn't mean she is cutting back on SourceFed, that channel is starting to dry up enough as it is.
Apparently she's leaving sourcefed, you can watch in her latest video.
remnant_phoenix said:
It's a normal vlog really, and she's naked but you only see her head and shoulders, but she does not have the charisma of any content providers we have here, like Lisa would have been better, but she's busy.

ForumSafari

Sep 25, 2012

I'll give her a go because screw dismissing someone before giving them a fair crack but Escapist, from what I can see this may not be an astute move and you can't afford to lose much more traffic.

EDIT: Also, is the schtick of 'the naked truth' what I think it is?

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
Li Mu said:
snekadid said:
I wonder what she'll actually make. I hope she just replaces Bob.
But The Escapist already has a replacement for Bob - it's 8-Bit Philosophy. It's the exact same thing as Bob just without the thin veneer of movie reviews.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
Eiv said:
remnant_phoenix said:
"The Naked Truth is a vlog series where Trisha vlogs naked (true story) to be as vulnerable and open as possible."

Personally never heard of her. I come here for Yahtzee and Critical Miss, even then I just forget sometimes. This site is a shell of what it used to be.
Isn't that the point of getting more people even at the peak of content creators I pretty only watched Gavin and Yahtzee, even if I don't like whatever she ends up contributing I'd be happy so long as she brings in more people to liven up the forums.