Call of Duty 2015 Championships Down to 16 Teams

James Heaney

Mar 28, 2015
Call of Duty 2015 Championships Down to 16 Teams

The 2015 Call of Duty Championships in Los Angeles have begun, and 16 teams have already been eliminated. Who is advancing to the next round?

Read Full Article

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Can you actually see any of this?

I've clicked on all the links in your story and played around on their website for a few minutes and I can't find any actual, game-play footage of the teams playing. Not to show disrespect toward the teams but I'm awfully curious how much better professional Call of Duty players are compared to a "normal" person considering how much their skills are being praised in this story.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
tippy2k2 said:

I've clicked on all the links in your story and played around on their website for a few minutes and I can't find any actual, game-play footage of the teams playing. Not to show disrespect toward the teams but I'm awfully curious how much better professional Call of Duty players are compared to a "normal" person considering how much their skills are being praised in this story.
I know that at least one of the teams listed is comprised almost entirely of competent quickscopers. If that helps.

Also this tournament is being played out on XB1. So i wouldnt go around comparing them to tournament players from CS:GO.

StreamerDarkly

Disciple of Trevor Philips
Jan 15, 2015
tippy2k2 said:
Not to show disrespect toward the teams but I'm awfully curious how much better professional Call of Duty players are compared to a "normal" person considering how much their skills are being praised in this story.
Umm, a lot better. As in, your friend who think he's boss for winning Mike's Game Store annual tournament would get demolished. Not only because of individual skill but because these guys understand how to play intelligently and have spent hundreds of hours playing together.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Unfortunately, the only thing I think of when I picture CoD championships is a bunch of teenagers screaming with Mountain Dew everywhere. Still, I imagine it's a very different game on a professional level.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
RedDeadFred said:
Unfortunately, the only thing I think of when I picture CoD championships is a bunch of teenagers screaming with Mountain Dew everywhere. Still, I imagine it's a very different game on a professional level.
I'm in the same boat as you. I find it hard to imagine that they wont all be using racial slurs and calling each other gay.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
I went to a COD tournament once. It was pretty damn intense. Like, these guys were damn pros. Using actual military tactics and terms.

TwiZtah

Sep 22, 2011
lol, CoD tournaments.

Objectable said:
I went to a COD tournament once. It was pretty damn intense. Like, these guys were damn pros. Using actual military tactics and terms.
Wow, surely that must have made them better! The skill ceiling is ridiculously low.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
tippy2k2 said:

I imagine they're using many typical tactics to get the win.

Obvious perk combos.
Obvious weapon choices (the BAL will probably be used at some point).
Quickscoping.
Headglitching.
Dropshotting.
Spamming (equivalent of) C4.

I would say spawn camping as well but I imagine pro players know how to get out of a spawn trap.

Basically shit that rips out my nerves every time I revisit any of the still-active Call of Duty games. That's just me being bitter, though.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Evonisia said:
I imagine they're using many typical tactics to get the win.

Obvious perk combos.
Obvious weapon choices (the BAL will probably be used at some point).
Quickscoping.
Headglitching.
Dropshotting.
Spamming (equivalent of) C4.

I would say spawn camping as well but I imagine pro players know how to get out of a spawn trap.

Basically shit that rips out my nerves every time I revisit any of the still-active Call of Duty games. That's just me being bitter, though.
Frankly, that's 90% of why I was hoping for links or video or something.

I'm curious if the pros are really good...or just really good at taking advantage of the game.