First Details For LEGO Dimensions Leak

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
First Details For LEGO Dimensions Leak

LEGO is about to join the collectible toy gaming craze.

Update: Warner Bros. has officially announced LEGO Dimensions, confirming the game's development by series veterans TT Games, releasing an initial trailer, and providing more details on expansions beyond the Starter Set.

Players will be able to broaden their LEGO Dimensions experience by adding expansion packs which will offer new levels, characters, vehicles, and gadgets for use in the game. Packs confirmed for release in 2015 include more content from previously known DC Comics, Lord of the Rings, and LEGO brands, as well as introducing The Wizard of Oz and Back to the Future

Original Story:

A product description for LEGO Dimensions, a collectible toy-based game in the vein of Skylanders and Disney Infinity being published by Warner Bros., has been leaked, providing the first details on the title.

The leaked description is for the game's Starter Pack, which is said to include a LEGO Toy Pad for scanning character and vehicle figures into the game and LEGO bricks to build a "Gateway" toy. The description also names three characters (Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle) and The Batmobile as being included in the set.

While the inclusion of these items indicates that the DC Comics and Lord of the Rings licenses are on board, the leak also includes a mention of the DeLorean time machine from Back to the Future along with LEGO's Bad Cop and Ninjago characters.

In addition to the leaked description, listings for LEGO Dimensions have appeared today on the website of retailer Toys 'R' Us [http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=52853736&sr=1&origkw=lego%20dimensions]. Listings shown include versions of the game for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Wii U, all of which are priced at $99.99.

An announcement from Warner Bros. about LEGO Dimensions is expected very soon.

Source: Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/31zfr4/lego_dimensions/]

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I can't believe they got the wizard of oz.

I've enjoyed most of the lego games and this one looks fun, but I'm a little disappointed this isn't coming out on pc. It looks like it's going to have some kind of NFC base, which companies seem to be allergic to when it comes to computer releases. I'm wondering how they will be selling all of the little figures and other dlc; legos tend to be pretty expensive as it is without adding microchips to them.

I can't figure out if I'm excited about this or not.

Apr 17, 2009
I wonder how many themes they're actually going to get licensing allowance to actually use. Both Warner Bros/DC and Disney/Marvel are happy to let Lego make sets for them, does that mean that Lego could introduce them all in Dimensions and we get the Avengers/Justice League team up we always wanted?
And I'm guessing there's going to be a whole lot of Star Wars everything released when the new movie starts rolling around

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
Please let them copy Activision's model rather than Disney's pain in the ass only 2 out of 20+ figure work in all 3 play sets nonsense.