Vote Now in the March Mayhem Final Round

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Vote Now in the March Mayhem Final Round

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/standings/21/]
We've made it to the final round of March Mayhem [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/standings/21/].

32 teams entered. Only 2 survive.

You've narrowed it down to two competitors: Bioware and Telltale Games. In the last month, you've eliminated thirty-two developers, some of them independent and some of them AAA, and major developers have fallen at the hands of some less than major creators. We've entered the final stretch and it is finally time to crown the winner. One developer is leaving this competition a champion and YOU get to pick who exactly wins it all.

March Mayhem is our annual event in which The Escapist pits game developers head to head in bracket-style matchups. You get to vote on which developer you think performed better in 2014, and the winner goes on to face another opponent in the next round. Who will win this year's Developers' Showdown? Only you can decide!

Voting is open for the epic final showdown right now! Head over to register here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/standings/21/] or [fblogin]Sign In with Facebook[/fblogin], then click the link above.

If you're unsure about a developer or their games, feel free to do some research. And, as always, you can hash it out in the forums dedicated to March Mayhem 2015. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/index/662]

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I love both, and I discovered Telltale way later than everyone else. Bioware has already had its share of fame so I voted for Telltale.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Never really got why Bioware gets so much praise. I wasn't a huge fan of the Mass Effect trilogy, and I don't really care for Dragon Age. Is there something I'm missing?

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
My vote went to TellTale. I like what Bioware did with ME (for the most part anyway) but having a company that mainly makes point & click adventures just tickles me fancy.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
really ... those hacks at Bioware beat From Soft?

for fuck sake ...the shit people vote for....
Those hacks made DA:I one of my favorite games of last year. I could understand not liking them but I don't think there is a need to attack at people like me that do like them. I played and beat Dark Souls 2 and personally between DS2 and DA:I I prefer DA:I.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Bat Vader said:
Lunar Templar said:

Those hacks made DA:I one of my favorite games of last year. I could understand not liking them but I don't think there is a need to attack at people like me that do like them. I played and beat Dark Souls 2 and personally between DS2 and DA:I I prefer DA:I.
that's some mighty fine 'putting of words into some one else mouth' right there.

I didn't attack anyone, just voiced my displease with a sub par dev, and habitual lier, getting this far, again. This is that part where I'd say 'and beating out other, better devs in the process' but honestly, From is the only one I give a shit about on that list, every one else is just so much white noise.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
Bat Vader said:
Lunar Templar said:

that's some mighty fine 'putting of words into some one else mouth' right there.

I didn't attack anyone, just voiced my displease with a sub par dev, and habitual lier, getting this far, again. This is that part where I'd say 'and beating out other, better devs in the process' but honestly, From is the only one I give a shit about on that list, every one else is just so much white noise.
Saying "the shit people vote for" Just seemed like an insult against people that voted for bioware. I read it as saying that their taste in games or developer is crap. Sorry that you didn't mean it like that but that's how I interpreted it. Sorry for misinterpreting it.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Gundam GP01 said:
Bat Vader said:
Lunar Templar said:

To be fair, Dark Souls 2 has a reputation among the Souls community as "The shitty Souls one."

Try out one of the games that Miyazaki directed and you might just change your tune.

(That's Demon's, Dark 1 and Bloodborne btw.)
I played and beat Dark Souls 1 as well. I find them interesting and they are good games but they don't have the same type of immersion for me that a Bioware game does. I do want to play Bloodborne but there are other games coming out at the moment that I want to play first before I invest my time into something as difficult as Bloodborne.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
I'd love Telltale to win, but sadly I've not been able to cast a vote since round 1, so I'll just have to wait and watch.

Vlado

Independent Game Journalist
Feb 21, 2015
Alfador_VII said:
I'd love Telltale to win, but sadly I've not been able to cast a vote since round 1, so I'll just have to wait and watch.
On the bracket page, you need to click on the final match, then you can vote. I think you can also vote via the forum thread, like you would in a regular forum poll:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/662.873575-Round-5-2-BioWare-vs-1-Telltale-Games

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
I still can't believe that Bioshit made it past the first round. People really have some low standard and extremely short memory if they believe Bioshit is worth of any good title.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
BiH-Kira said:
I still can't believe that Bioshit made it past the first round. People really have some low standard and extremely short memory if they believe Bioshit is worth of any good title.
Perhaps people legitimately like Bioware's games. I can understand not liking a developer or the games they make but I don't think it's right to get angry or insult the people that do like them. I love Bioware. DA:I is one of my favorite games and I picked them to win March Mayhem this year. No, I don't have a short memory either.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
As much as I liked Bioware games, it really shouldn't have made it this far if it's being judged on the games it's released recently.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Lunar Templar said:

They use the same rationale you do: they vote for the shit they like.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Lunar Templar said:

and that excludes it from my disliking Bioware being in the finals .... how exactly?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Lunar Templar said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Lunar Templar said:

and that excludes it from my disliking Bioware being in the finals .... how exactly?
It doesn't, you can call anything shit. Just don't be condescending to people for not joining you in.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Lunar Templar said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Lunar Templar said:

It doesn't, you can call anything shit. Just don't be condescending to people for not joining you in.
:)

You really don't know who your talking to if you think that's gonna happen.