5 Movies with Female Leads that Make Guys Cry

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
5 Movies with Female Leads that Make Guys Cry

Women can make some tough leads in movies, but that doesn't mean there won't be a few emotional moments in those films.

Read Full Article

Sofox

Jan 3, 2014
One of my favourite action movies ever is Long Kiss Goodnight. Pity it's not on that list.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
A lot of these films are pretty damn good in fact (though Maleficent is dreadful, full of plot holes, terrible characterisation, and scenes that simply don't make any sense), but is there really such a need for comments like "The best part of that is... no men have to be present"? Yes, alright, we get it. Men are the cause of all evil in the world and women are nothing but a shining light of purity, sure. In years past I would have described myself as a feminist, but I am more and more coming to see that word taking on the meaning of "misandrist".

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
For christ's sake, it's easy not to be sexist.
Firefilm said:
5 Movies with Female Leads that Make you Cry
Just do that, literally. All you need to do is not single out a sex of people. Write article that are inclusive, that don't single out men, or women.

It's not that hard.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Evil Smurf said:
For christ's sake, it's easy not to be sexist.
Firefilm said:
5 Movies with Female Leads that Make you Cry
Just do that, literally. All you need to do is not single out a sex of people. Write article that are inclusive, that don't single out men, or women.

It's not that hard.
It's just an arbitrary filter for this week's list. Last week was prison movies, next week could be CG films.

Sexist means suggesting one sex is better than another. Acknowledging that female is a thing that exists without ascribing a positive or negative connotation is not sexist.

It's clear you don't get that. Please feel free to stop reading these articles.

2HF

May 24, 2011
Firefilm said:
If someone tells you that your ball is flat and needs inflating then telling them that they're welcome to not play with your ball is useless. They already can't play with your ball. Maybe instead you could listen to criticisms and address them so that you can create something interesting, instead of a series of articles that draws less than 10 comments a week, half of which are people expressing displeasure and the other half of which are you getting defensive.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
2HF said:
Firefilm said:
If someone tells you that your ball is flat and needs inflating then telling them that they're welcome to not play with your ball is useless. They already can't play with your ball. Maybe instead you could listen to criticisms and address them so that you can create something interesting, instead of a series of articles that draws less than 10 comments a week, half of which are people expressing displeasure and the other half of which are you getting defensive.
Except this isn't that. This is people telling me that my ball is a poor swimming pool. I know that, that's why it's not a swimming pool, it's a ball.

I'm only defensive when I'm writing an article trying to repair a flawed stereotype of manliness, and people keep saying that somehow only women deserve to be discussed.

The purpose of listing movies with female leads that make guys cry is to convince guys that it's ok to cry. It's not sexist, it's not bigoted, and it's just a shame people keep trying to bring up buzz words that have no place here

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
No to all of that. Now if you had Terminator 2 on that list! Then you would have had me agreeing with you once. Seriously Alien? Kill Bill? You kidding me?