What to Splash in Splinter Twin

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
What to Splash in Splinter Twin

Whether it's White, Black, or Green, what cards are worth splashing in Splinter Twin.

Read Full Article

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Yeah, Infinite Combos... The main reason I stick to playing modern/legacy with buddies only.

Presence of Gond + Midnight Guard rules the current Pauper League here. It just feels a bit sad for me, that all those cards offer so much possibilities and offer fun play styles, and you reduce it to cheap win conditions... that still gets killed by Doom Blade. :D

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I ended up at one point against twin where we couldn't kill each other. I was playing a variant of soul sisters, and every token they made either wasn't going to offset my life gain, or was going to net me more life. Twin into pestermite, gain 2 life per pestermite token. Twin into Deceiver Exarch, net gain of one life per token. Kiki-Jiki into Restoration Angel, gain one life per token. I couldn't swing in, because I couldn't keep larger creatures on the board. I switched over to Norin and sisters, so I have access to Rending Volley, which works wonders against twin. I might also look into Sudden Shock to fight Kiki-Jiki directly, or any other 1-2 toughness creature in Modern, or even Legacy(except for Geist of Saint Traft and Nimble Mongoose, because I can't target them). Sudden Shock also deals with Mother of Runes, because she can't get Protection from Red in time.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
That sounds like a pain in the arse. I only play limited nowadays, constructed sounds like far too much of a hassle.

Back in the day a possible answer would probably have been Engineered Plague, Batwing Brume or Simoon. No idea if anything like that would be legal in the current pool.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
rofltehcat said:
That sounds like a pain in the arse. I only play limited nowadays, constructed sounds like far too much of a hassle.

Back in the day a possible answer would probably have been Engineered Plague, Batwing Brume or Simoon. No idea if anything like that would be legal in the current pool.
The only one of the three you mentioned that's leagal in Modern is Batwing Brume. Splinter Twin isn't a card that's good in Legacy, so the other two don't matter.

ForumSafari

Sep 25, 2012
I don't think Twin needs a splash, I think it functions well enough without it but if I had to go for one I think it'd be White for the removal suite.

rofltehcat said:
Current cards I'd use for Twin hate are [mtg_card=Illness in the Ranks], [mtg_card=Leyline of Singularity], [mtg_card=Detention Sphere] or [mtg_card=Echoing Truth] to hose the tokens, or if I were feeling particularly lulzy I'd consider [mtg_card=Rakdos Charm].