Super Troopers 2 is Finally Happening, Thanks to Crowdfunding

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Super Troopers 2 is Finally Happening, Thanks to Crowdfunding

The Super Troopers 2 IndieGoGo campaign raised a massive $4.4 million dollars, and will begin shooting this summer.

For the uninitiated, started an IndieGoGo campaign [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247745/] in order to finally give us the Super Troopers sequel we deserve.

Now, the campaign has come to an end, and despite asking for just $2 million, it has raised a massive $4.4 million, ensuring that the movie will be, in the campaign's words "the best movie ever!". It did fall just short of the $4.5 million "live bears in the movie" stretch goal, but i mean, they have pretty good CGI these days anyway.

Filming for the movie should start this summer, with the ultimate release date not set in stone as of yet, but will hopefully be late 2016.

Even though the campaign has officially ended, you can still donate money on the IndieGoGo campaign for perks, and to hopefully make the movie even better.

Source: IndieGoGo [https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/super-troopers-2]

McGuinty1

Oct 30, 2010
Proud to say that I went to watch the first one opening weekend and dragged about 5 of my college buddies with me who weren't convinced. They all had a blast and thanked me for forcing them to go. Glad to hear there will be a new one, I have enjoyed most of what these guys have done.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I'm still waiting for them to make good on their promise to get to work on Potfest, been looking forward to that ever since they teased it at the end of Beerfest.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Guys I work with love Super Troopers. They quote it all the time. It has a ton of iconic moments. Syrup Challenge! I tried it twice and got tired of the lowbrow humor before finishing. I still don't know how the plot wraps up. So, I'll pass on the sequel in the theaters. But, I think I'll go home and finish Troopers 1 tonight. I need closure.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
This news makes me happy.

I was usually against sequels to comedy movies, but my enjoyment of Anchorman 2 softened my heart and I look forward to Super Troopers 2 with optimism. Of course this leaves me hugely emotionally vulnerable so if this movie falls even a tiny bit short of my lofty expectations then I am almost certain to be scarred for life...

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I did not see this coming.

I want this to be really good, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I absolutely love Super Troopers, but Beerfest and that restaurant movie both kinda fell flat for me. Wait and see, I guess. Good luck, Broken Lizard.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Well if this can get crowd funded, then I guess there's hope for Corky Romano 2 and hopefully Battlefield Earth 2: This time its ironic!

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
So people are crowdfunding movies meow? There's nothing wrong with that, of course. It's just weird that people have money to throw at things like that. How often do you see some amazing humanitarian cause being funded on the internet?

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
So, Car RamRod once again is on patrol? I very excite.
Silentpony said:
Well if this can get crowd funded, then I guess there's hope for Corky Romano 2 and hopefully Battlefield Earth 2: This time its ironic!
I don't think Battlefield Earth 2 counts. The people (you know who) behind that man-animal abomination can generate enough money in a few months to fund another, and have the "accounting skills" to make it look like the movie lost millions, even if it actually did well.

(Although, now you got me psyched up for Spoony impersonating Terl again.)

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Hairless Mammoth said:
So, Car RamRod once again is on patrol? I very excite.
Silentpony said:
I don't think Battlefield Earth 2 counts. The people (you know who) behind that man-animal abomination can generate enough money in a few months to fund another, and have the "accounting skills" to make it look like the movie lost millions, even if it actually did well.

(Although, now you got me psyched up for Spoony impersonating Terl again.)
Does he still do that? They fired him from the site didn't they? Something about threatening to rape someone or something? Threats of some nature I'm sure but I don't know details.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Silentpony said:
Does he still do that? They fired him from the site didn't they? Something about threatening to rape someone or something? Threats of some nature I'm sure but I don't know details.
Is that what happened? I never bothered to check into why he left and just now looked it up. I guess, in his depression from some ex-girlfriend trouble and issues with his fans, he made a very bad taste joke to another TGWTG member, apologized, things went quiet for weeks, then someone else brought it up again and he lashed out at almost everyone. (Spoony was diagnosed with bipolar disorder somewhere around that time.)

Critic, Linkara, and the current team got back together with him to do a Bloodrayne review last year, so I guess that problem finaly blew over. Can't say I like the guy as a person, but his work (except for the past few months) is enjoyable, especially when Brad Jones collaborates with him.

OT: And to bring the thread back to the cheerful side, I finally sat down to watch the trailer. I love how they were in character for the whole thing, while smashing the fourth wall. I'd love to see them do the occasional web short like that, whenever they have spare time and props/sets/costumes on hand.

I'm still debating if I should contribute what little money I have and see Farva get out of the trunk.