Inevitable Shadow Of Mordor Game Of The Year Edition Drops Next Week

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Inevitable Shadow Of Mordor Game Of The Year Edition Drops Next Week

Finally, a complete game in one package.

In what should come as a surprise to absolutely nobody, Warner Bros. has announced a Game of the Year edition for Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, bringing together the game and all of its downloadable content into one collection for one low, low price of $49.99. And, as it would probably be a bad move to announce such a product long in advance of its availability, it's coming soon. The collection will launch digitally for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on May 5.

No other consoles have been included in the announcement, suggesting that Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners who may have been holding out for such a collection have been left with no collection to buy.

Those who do buy are going to get a lot for their money. The already large main campaign is bolstered by two story packs, "The Lord of the Hunt" and "The Bright Lord," a collection of challenge modes and several Warband missions first made available individually or with the purchase of the game's Season Pass. Players will also have access to a range of additional character skins and runes to bolster their abilities with.

Originally released in September of 2014, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor racked up considerable praise from critics and fans alike. Ben Croshaw of The Escapist rated it his sparked controversy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/9973-Top-Best-and-Worst-5-Games-of-2014] surrounding pre-release marketing efforts, which involved placing considerable restrictions on brand deals with YouTube presenters and requiring final approval on their content.

Link XL1

Apr 6, 2010
so, if say perhaps i bought the game and season pass on a recent steam sale, is the goty going to have anything the season pass doesnt have?

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Link XL1 said:
so, if say perhaps i bought the game and season pass on a recent steam sale, is the goty going to have anything the season pass doesnt have?
From what I've quickly read, sadly not, this is basically just the main game and all its DLC in one package.

And personally, from owning both the game and all the DLC, if you're planning on grabbing this I highly recommend just grabbing the much cheaper standard version instead and spend whatever you have left on something else. The main game is a fantastic complete experience on its own while the DLC was just really, really meh. The hunting one was dull as toast and the Bright Lord was semi-okay, while the challenge maps are heavily uninspired (it literally boils down to "kill all captains\warchiefs as fast as possible", you can do that in the main game anyway) and the other stuff just useless extra fluff that doesn't add anything worthwhile at all.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Game developer's choice awards? Am I reading that wrong or is that an award ceremony of game developers choosing their best games?

No matter, I need to try the current gen version of this, as the last gen port was terrible. And dont even get me started on the rain effects!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
So...should I take this to mean there won't be a physical release? I can understand this skipping current gen consoles but not having a physical release and being $50 seems like kind of a strange move. Yeah, it's a lot of content they're shilling I just hate not having something to show for cash spent...more importantly, without a box to sit on a shelf this thing my not see a price-drop of any kind which will end up putting me off buying it. Oh well, there's always the standard version...that one comes on a disc and is around the $20-range in places.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Sucks there won't be a PS3 version but at least the original game should be cheapened by now.