Dragon Magazine Reborn As Dragon+

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Dragon Magazine Reborn As Dragon+

Dungeons & Dragons has an official magazine once more.

Wizards of the Coast has launched a new digital periodical, Dragon+, as a successor to Dragon Magazine. Delivered via an app available now on iOS [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragon+/id981727811?mt=8], issues will contain articles and interviews pertaining to the current Dungeons & Dragons storyline and its related products, including comics, setting material, and videos.

The debut issue features a preview of the Elemental Evil storyline and interviews with Dan Tudge and Rob Overmeyer. Other articles include an examination of the Dessarin Valley region, a profile of the Goliath race, and tips for engaging black dragons in combat.

Dragon+ will publish six issues a year, available for free from within the app. Readers can choose to download issues individually or subscribe to have new issues downloaded as soon as they are available. An Android version of the Dragon+ is said to be arriving in the near future.

Starting in 1976, Dragon Magazine served as the first (and longest running) official magazine for enthusiasts of Dungeons & Dragons. The magazine ceased its print publication and transitioned to a digital format in 2007. It continued to publish issues monthly until late 2013, when it was announced that Dragon (and its companion publication, Dungeon) would be placed on hiatus.

Source: Wizards of the Coast [http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/dragonplus]

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Awww, I used to LOVE collecting Dragon Magazine! I had like 80 issues... In fact, nothing I have done since jumping to Pathfinder has made me feel so much like a traitor to the original D&D as reading that Dragon is back...

Phantom Renegade

Apr 15, 2009
I hope they make the PDF's available on the DnD website, not everybody has a Iphone or Android to get these issues with.

WarpedLord

Mar 11, 2009
Phantom Renegade said:
I hope they make the PDF's available on the DnD website, not everybody has a Iphone or Android to get these issues with.
Hopefully this works with BlueStacks, so that we can at least view them on PCs...

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
I love Dragon, and while I'm a bit skeptical of this, I appreciate that it's being released for free so I can easily check it out.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
I tried reading Dragon back in the 80s and to be honest it did not like that much. It wasn't a patch on White Dwarf (pre issues 100) and not even in the same league as Wyrm's footnotes.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Dragon is back...sort of. This is reasonably cool. I'll check it out.

When I was in high school (late 80's) I sent in some cartoons to Dragon Magazine to see if they were good enough to print in the "Dragon Mirth" reader cartoons section. They actually printed two of the damned things. Hopefully their standards are higher these days.