Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
8 Gratuitously Awesome Star Wars Starships

May the 4th be with you.

Read Full Article

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
So nice to see a few rebel crushing ships, I swear the rebels in those movies are like ISIS. This reminds me, need to find the empire at war mods I had installed on my old harddrive, they added a ton of ships like the Eclipse.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
If only non-canonical starships were in the running. The top spot would certainly go to...

Even if only for the accompanying story.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Technically still canon, as Star Wars VII only overwrites the post Jedi extended universe, the Star Forge from Knights of the Old Republic is a giant Death Star-like vessel that, in addition to planet-busting superlasers and random Force-fueled defenses, actually eats stars and poops out star destroyers. Let that sink in for a bit...

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I always liked KOTOR's "Ebon Hawk". I feel it's design is far superior to that of the "Millennium Falcon".

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Say what you will about Episodes I-III, but I still think the Venator-class Star Destroyers are among my favorite ships in the whole Star Wars universe.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
The YT-2400 baffles me, mainly why they went back to the sideslung cockpit. Yeah yeah, I know, the YT-1300 had it as well, but here's the thing, those aren't the only two styles in the YT line. The mid point of this is the YT-2000 featured in X-Wing Alliance.

And as for the Firespray (what design Slave-1 is) I'll agree onto the list but because it's a cool design. Sorry, but no love here for a supposed "badass" bounty hunter who's only real action in the movies was being sucker hit by a half blind Solo while trying to get a cheap shot on Luke.

canadamus_prime said:
We all know the Empire has a tremendous need to compensate for something.
Compensating for Stormtrooper accuracy school. :D

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
I think Raven's Claw would deserve a mention alongside with Moldy Crow. Also, Ebon Hawk.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
So is no one going to mention the fact the Lancer-class frigate looks like a penis? No one?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
The classic X-wing will always be my favorite Star Wars ship.

PS: Glad to see someone posted something about Star Wars on May 4th on this site.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Not a bad list. Moldy Crow being on it is definite bonus points. If I had to nitpick, I'd have substituted:
YT-2400 to Dynamic-class freighter
Lancer to Corellian Gunship
StarViper to Skipray Blastboat
R-22 to V-Wing

But that's personal preference.

cpukill

Feb 26, 2011
No TIE Defender? For shame:

Overpowered to the point of stupidity, this ship is able to take on most capital ships one on one and win in TIE Fighter.

Plus, you get to be Darth Vader's wingman in it. How the hell can you possibly forget that?

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
cpukill said:
No TIE Defender? For shame:

Overpowered to the point of stupidity, this ship is able to take on most capital ships one on one and win in TIE Fighter.

Plus, you get to be Darth Vader's wingman in it. How the hell can you possibly forget that?
That's just the game, I've taken out capital ships in a tie fighter in "Tie Fighter" before. If you're in the right place and are very very patient, you can even take out Star Destroyers with nothing but a Tie.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The Moldy Crow is a new one for me. I like it! :D

I will always take the classic Executor over the Eclipse but the Star Viper is such a weird looking ship I can't help but like that funky fighter.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Redlin5 said:
The Moldy Crow is a new one for me. I like it! :D
I actually knew it for years, but never knew that it was from Star Wars. The Freelancer mod Discovery included tons of new ship models (including capital ships), some taken from other sources (like BSG), others designed for the mod. I always liked the Moldy Crow's design, but never looked it up/never realized where it came from.

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/%22Moldy_Crow%22_Civilian_Heavy_Fighter

Zero=Interrupt

Nov 9, 2009
The Lancer is godawful. How did a giant Dong make it past the art director? If ever there was a design that should be expunged from the series forever, it's this one.