Import Witcher 2 Save Files to Witcher 3 On PC to Continue Geralt's Story

Kevin Thielenhaus

Jan 29, 2015
Import Witcher 2 Save Files to Witcher 3 On PC to Continue Geralt's Story

PC users can transfer their Witcher 2 save files into Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt and continue an unbroken story with Geralt of Rivia. See how it's done with this simple explanation.

Read Full Article

Apr 5, 2008
this is nice to know. I lost my Witcher 1 saves, so downloaded a couple from the web when I finally played 2. Thankfully I still have those saves so will look forward to seeing how my choices play out. I sided with Roche and chose the more...satisfying option at the end with the flawed crystal :) if Witcher 3 is as good as I hope, I might download a Iorveth save from 2 to see how it differs.

Overall, I think my story choices would be Triss and Scoia'tel from 1, Roche/Leave crystal alone in 2 and wait-and-see for 3!

Apr 5, 2008
I wouldn't mind knowing also the result of the choice between Triss and the heir in Witcher 2-Act 3. I would chose Triss again, but I suspect that choice will have a bigger impact on story/world than any other that I made.

Speaking of Triss and not knowing anything about 3 yet, I also wonder how Yennefer is portrayed. I don't doubt doubt there will be a choice, but Triss has been with (my) Geralt for 2 games now and sending in someone as important as Yen so late in the trilogy doesn't leave much room for characterisation. Despite her relationship to Geralt, I honestly can't see her usurping Triss's place in (my) Geralt's heart.